17. Human Mate

"So. Care to tell me why were you guys tailing on me?"

Jungkook sipped on his chamomile tea, trying to keep his sanity in while he chats with his elder brother and Jin. Time was clocking in at 2 AM but the true alpha was not letting the two men escape from his interrogation.

"We didn't purposely tail you Jungkook." Jin was defending them with his arms and legs crossed, seated in front of their true alpha.

"Bullshit. Why were you guys hiding behind a bush at Orchid Street? A place of no relevance for both of you?"

"Well then do enlighten me why were you there Jungkook?"

Oh, how fast have the table turned to daggers pointing at the raven head in the heat of the confrontation?

"Joon, I didn't stage this confrontation for you to turn the attack on me!"

"But Jungkook, you do owe us an explanation. What were you doing in the middle of the night at Tae's neighbourhood?"

Jin found his chance to switch the gear from their end to the raven head. He jumped on the bandwagon and deemed a proper explanation from the younger.

"I-...I don't know." Jungkook's eye sparkles with the images of Tae flashing in front of him. His lips curled into a warm smile making the older two narrow their eyes at him.

Namjoon and Jin were shocked, to say the least. They were not aware of the changes in Jungkook much to their surprise due to the havoc of being caught red-handed flustered their minds.

"Your eyes..." Jin gasped.

"Huh?" Jungkook looked up, taken back by the astonished looks on both his brothers.

Only then the true alpha realized that his eyes must have turned to a silvery sparkle with the mere thought of his mate, Taehyung.

"Oh, this. Urm-..."

"Jungkook you found your mate." Namjoon leaned forward, arms resting on his knees as a serious look hung on his face.

"Yea."

"Who is it?" Jin asked. He knew the answer to an extent of 99% confirming his suspicion but he wants to hear the raven head's confession.

"It's Taehyung."

"What???" As expected, Jin knew the younger just confirmed his suspicion but he was still dumbstruck to hear it from Jungkook.

"Are you 100% sure Jungkook?" Namjoon wants to ensure his brother is not hallucinating for some reason.

"Hyung. My wolf whimpered and confessed as soon as the clock strike 12 earlier. It's my birthday Hyung. It can't be wrong. I'm 21 now. I'm of age. And I was with Taehyung at that very time, my wolf took over briefly, Tae even saw my eyes shifting from dark to silver."

"Oh right. It's your birthday." Namjoon's voice softened.

"Happy birthday Kooks!" Jin leapt forward, engulfing the younger with a bone-crushing hug.

"Thanks, Jinnie." Jungkook giggles when he felt the older pinching and ruffling his hair. Pressing lots of cute kisses on his head.

"Happy birthday Jungkookie." Namjoon was next to shower his little brother with love. He can't believe the tiny baby he once used to cradle in his arms has now turned into a 21-year-old young man.

"Thanks brother." Jungkook smiled warmly.

"Kooks, if Tae is your mate then you do know things are not gonna be as simple as it is finding a fellow wolf-mate right?" Namjoon asked as he knew the theoretical game behind this mate bond for Jungkook will be very different.

"I know Hyung. I-I can't believe Moon Goddess will fate me with a human...I've never come across wolf-human pairs before, isn't it odd to-..."

"It's not odd Jungkook. It's not."

All three heads seated on the living room turned to the voice of their head alpha.

"Dad?"

"Alpha Jeon." Jin gasped, breath stuck on his chest, supposed to not have sensed the presence of Mr Jeon.

Jin has always grumbled that the Jeons have a way of sneaking on people without being tracked. Perks of being one of the prominent and powerful family clan among the districts. They are trained and blessed through generation by the goddess with special abilities.

"Dad I um..." Jungkook was unsure if he should reveal the news of his mate to his father.

"You don't have to hide Jungkook. One look and I know you've found your mate. Your aura is different and your scent changed. It's Taehyung isn't it?" Alpha Jeon slowly joined the group of boys as he took his seat on the empty chair nearby.

"Yea. I-..."

"Finally. It's about time Jungkook."

None of the younger boys could decipher the statements coming out of their head alpha. Shouldn't Mr Jeon be worried or curious about his son having a human mate?

"Dad, can you please tell me why you're oddly calm and keep telling me how important Tae is even before I found out about our mate bond? You look like you knew much more than you're willing to share."

"Jungkook. You need to know that Taehyung has been destined to you hundreds of years ago son. At least one of the Jeons have always been blessed to have their mate predestined by the goddess with the members of Guardian pack."

"Guardian pack?" Namjoons eyes raised in amusement.

"But Alpha Jeon, the Guardian pack was said to vanish from existence slowly until the last man standing was killed during the dark days."

"Namjoon. Many don't know this, but, the Guardian pack is also known as the Healer Pack."

"The Healers? As in the healers who are blessed by Goddess since birth? Aren't they a myth?" Jin gasped. He didn't know that Healers existed.

"Oh, they very much exist Jin. The reason why only a few of the trusted people in the Shadow council knows about Healers as members of the Guardian is that we needed to safeguard their identity."

The head alpha tried his best to resolve one by one of the queries that have been aimed at him.

"Dad. How does this all make sense? The last of the Guardian pack members said to have died almost 50 years ago."

Jungkook knew the wolf's history to a certain extend and he was sure of this information as he has cramped himself studying the history book of his nature since he was signed up to become the next head alpha.

"One remained. Only one." Alpha Jeon stared into a far distance, eyes tearing with a painful memory flashing in his mind.

"Who?" Jungkook was dying to know.

"Azalea."

The head alpha lowered his head, heart stung with the fond memory of a certain lady which he misses terribly. Soft brown hair adorning her head like a crown on its own, face sculpted softly with features that can swipe anyone off their feet.

Her charisma and kindness transcended the districts, wooing anyone who gets to have a chance to interact with her. A lady of the epitome of exquisite beauty.

"Who is she?" Namjoon saw the clear distraught on alpha Jeon's face. This person must be evoking all the memories within their head alpha, someone he must have known on a personal level.

"She is Taehyung's mother."

.
_________________________________________
⚜️
Bam!
More stories ahead. It's gonna be a full round of explanation and the revealing of who Tae
and Yoongi really are.
Pay very close attention and once we get this out of the way, it'll be time for Taekook!