19. Protected

"Morning Taehyungie."

The day dawned crisp and clear, as the sun poured into the brown head's room while his older brother waddled his way in, waking up the sleepy head.

"Taehyung?" Yoongi nudged the blob of a messed up head he saw sticking out from the comforter.

"Huh?" Tae's voice was deep and raspy, almost inaudible as the blanket shifted from left to right, with no sign of him waking up.

"Wakey wakey. It's almost 10 AM Tae. Don't you have anything planned for the day?"

Yoongi is now sitting by the edge of Tae's bed, holding a cup of iced Americano in his hand.

"Morning hyung..." Tae's brown head finally made a proper appearance from beneath his blanket, showing off his puffy cheeks and morning face, looking squishy.

"Aw, you had a good sleep tiger?"

"Mhm."

"I saw you sneaking in late to the house last night."

"WHAT?" Taehyung jumped on his bed like it was lava and he was being drenched in heat. He jumped a few times, inching himself closer to Yoongi who was calmly sipping on his iced coffee.

"You knew I was out? I thought you were asleep." Tae pouted at his brother.

"Taehyung, you know I am your brother right?"

The younger nodded.

"You do know I am aware of your wellbeing, your whereabouts and also all your antics right?"

Again, Taehyung nodded.

"I saw you coming in late. I also saw Jungkook outside our driveway."

Tae's eyes widened. His brother did catch him red-handed. And there he thought he was being discrete and kissed Yoongi goodnight thinking his brother was fast asleep in oblivion.

"Chill Tae, I'm not saying anything wrong with it. Maybe next time, just drop me a text or something so I don't freak out if you're out of the house in the middle of the night."

"Ok."

"So, you're finally awake now? Want to have something to eat?" Yoongi notices Tae's mood was running downhill after confronting about the event last night.

"YES!"

As expected, Tae's mood was back again on the track like a ray of sunshine as soon as Yoongi mentioned about food.

"Yoongles, can I ask you something?"

Yoongi raised his brow as he sipped on his black coffee, watching his brother shifting on his folded knees on the bed from left to right.

"It's Kook's birthday today and he invited me to his house. Do you perhaps wanna come with me?"

Yoongi narrowed his eyes at his brother. Did Jungkook just made a move on his little brother and even invited him to the house without his permission? How dare he? Not only he sneaked Tae out in the middle of the night, scented him and now he has the courtesy to invite his brother to his home?

"Taehyung, I don't think so-..."

"I really wanna go Hyung, this is my first invite to a gathering in a new town and I like hanging out with them. You're invited as well!"

"Are you sure I am invited genuinely?"

"YES! Jungkook said you can come along with me if I'm not comfortable coming alone so I said yes."

That alpha boy sure knows how to convince my little brother by putting me in so he can't refuse. Yoongi scoffed mentally at Jungkook's effort.