32. Heartbeat

Taehyung gulped.

How the hell did Jungkook catch up on him? Taehyung was positive that he was definitely the first one to zoom out the house and Jungkook was nowhere near him.

"Let me go."

"Not until you listen to me you little stubborn ass."

"Hey, don't comment on my ass."

Taehyung turned abruptly while still being caged in the arms of the true alpha. As soon as he turned back, his nose gently brushed against Jungkook's which brought the lost heat to his cheeks, staining them in dusty pink.

Jungkook up close is a recipe for destruction. He looked hella manly and handsome with a stern gaze on his face that it made Taehyung hyperventilate.

"Are you willing to listen to me now?"

Taehyung didn't answer. He was chewing on his imaginary gum while staring down the true alpha's soul.

"Stop doing that Tae."

The brown head remained silent but his brows furrowed questioning what the hell was Jungkook indicating about.

"I said stop chewing in your damn mouth."

Jungkook can't stand the dark and sexy vibe radiating from Taehyung whenever he catches the brown head chewing on his imaginary gum. It just radiates big dick energy from the brown head and Jungkook feels intimidated.

"Didn't I say fuck off Jeon? Let me go."

"You have such a nasty little mouth Tae. I didn't know it till now." Jungkook scoffed. He is slightly turned on by Taehyung's stubbornness and dominance.

"If you still want to remain as my friend then let me go, I won't repeat myself Jeon."

Jungkook searched in the haziness of Tae's hazel orbs and found nothing but a shade of seriousness. The true alpha held his arms tight for a second before loosening them and eventually dropping them to his side.

He lowered his head unable to hold Taehyung's intimidating gaze on him any longer. The last thing Jungkook wanna do is hurt and offend his mate.

"Good, now I'm gonna leave. I will see you at school."

Taehyung quickly got into his car and drove off before he could change his mind and listen to what Jungkook has to say.

To be honest, Taehyung is not mad at Jungkook. He was mad at himself. Tae can't believe he just led Jungkook on and behaved rudely towards him. For now, he just wants to have some space for himself and try to figure out what is happening with him.

Jungkook stood where he was and remained there until someone tapped on his shoulder. He was lost in his thought and sadness engulfed him watching his mate drove off with an unpleasant feeling.

"Jungkook?"

The raven head soften his gaze when he notices it was none other than his brother and Jin.

"Are you alright Jungkook?" Jin stepped ahead and replaced Joon's hand on his shoulder with his own. He noticed how tense and upset their head alpha looked.

"Was it Taehyung?" Jin watched the car disappearing far at the corner of their pack territory and guessed that it might be the alpha's mate.

Jungkook nodded as his head snapped back to the direction in which Tae drove off.

"Wanna head back home?" Namjoon offered watching his brother standing like a lost puppy in the middle of the road.

The raven head didn't answer the question but he chose to walk towards the house, leaving both Namjoon and Jin in a deep worried state.

Upon arriving at their home, Jungkook went back inside his study and indirectly indicated to both Namjoon and Jin to not follow after him.

"Do you think something happened?" Jin crossed his arms as he watched the younger retrieved hurriedly to his study leaving them aside.

"I'm not sure but he looks sad? Hurt?" Namjoon stood by his mate as he watched Jungkook's shoulder slumped heavily.

Earlier, when Hoseok informed the NamJin couple that Taehyung is here at their pack, both the males rejoiced in happiness thinking something is flourishing between Jungkook and Taehyung.

They didn't want to come back home to the Jeon's thinking that Tae and Jungkook might hit it off and they don't want to invade the young couple's privacy. Little did they know that they will stumble across a very disturbed Jungkook in the middle of the road when they went out for a night walk.

"I'm worried about him Joonie."

"Well, let's hope Moon Goddess know what needs to be done." Joon took Jin's hand and went on their separate ways leaving Jungkook alone in his study.

.

"Taebear?"

Taehyung was tiptoeing back to his house when he notices the lights were switched off. He thought that Yoongi must have gone to bed earlier than expected as his brother does love sleeping a little too much.

"Yoongles? Hey..."

Tae halted on his way climbing up the stairs when he notices a figure was standing in front of him on top of the stairs.

Yoongi was not oblivious. He knew where did Tae sneak to. For starter, Yoongi can smell Jimin and Hoseok's scent faintly on him. Second of all, Taehyung smelled like he was dipped in a bottle of musky and wood cologne overpowering Yoongi's natural scent.

Which can only mean one thing - Jungkook. And, it doesn't look good to Yoongi coz he can sense that Jungkook and Taehyung didn't just talk. They must have done something more.

"Where were you Tae?"

"Urm, a friend's house?"

"Which friend?"

Taehyung fidgeted with his fingers. The brown head felt thankful with the dimly lit space around him with minimal lighting coz it means Yoongi won't be able to see his nervous and fidgeting state.

Wrong.

Yoongi is an alpha and he is part wolf, he has all the sense heightened and ability to see in the dark. He saw how anxious and guilty Taehyung looked. Still, he chose to remain silent and allowed Taehyung to lie through his nose.

"A new friend. His name is Jay."

Yoongi crossed his arms and raised his brow looking at Tae's poor attempt to lie.

"Ok, off you go to bed."

Yoogni stepped aside and watched Taehyung climbing up the stairs till they both stood even on the ground.

As usual, Taehyung leaned in and hugged Yoongi goodnight with a kiss on his forehead.

"Do you need dinner?"

"Nope Yoongles. I'll head to bed. Night night."

"Night Tae."

Yoongi watched his brother walked into his room after lying to him for the very first time in his life.

"Yep, they kissed."

Yoongi scoffed and rolled his eyes when he thought about confronting the younger Jeon on this matter when he sees him next. He soon walked back to his room and called it a night with a heavy feeling in his heart.

Taehyung lied to him about Jungkook.

.
___________________________________________
⚜️
Yoongi is really protective towards Tae. Don't blame him if you think he is being overly paranoid.

And.
If you're new here then you ought to find out that I'm a Taekook switch author and I love a push/pull game between Taekook.
Enjoy.