13. Agony

It was a typical Friday night after a heavy slot of training on the pack ground. Today, Jungkook was required to tutor and teach combat for the younger wolves who are coming of age.

He prefer teaching the adults since it's much faster for adult wolves to learn and perhaps engage in a challenge from time to time, but Jungkook knew that these younger wolves will be his future pack fighters. He needed to personally train his armies.

After all the painful hours on the field, Jungkook was glad he got to soak himself in the warm water in his tub, scenting himself with a good old peachy shower foam.

In the absence of nothing rolling into Jungkook's mind, the true alpha relaxed his muscles to the core, gently swaying back and forth to a tranquil state. Jungkook is certainly enjoying his alone time, it's a luxury he would die to afford.

As the blank canvas of his mind took him to a relaxed state, Jungkook's heart started to feel calm and somewhat twitching for another sense of emotion he has never often craved for.

He felt a sense of longing.

The raven head's eyes flung open as he grasped the side of his marble tub, turning his knuckles white.

"Taehyung?"

He can't match the emotion in his heart to the name that rolled out of his mouth oh so naturally, making the boy confused.

Jungkook clenched his heart and sense a swelling pain, each beat connecting the cells in his brain, flashing images of the brown head.

He closed his eyes shut, squeezing them hard, trying to banish the images of the handsome male invading his mind to no avail. The more Jungkook tried to shut his mind, the more his heart ached and he growled in pain.

This feeling is foreign to Jungkook.

Never once in his 20 years of life have the true alpha experienced such extreme heartache, that confuses his self with the overwhelming thought about a boy who is just a mere human he knew not too long ago.

Something is not adding up and Jungkook can't comprehend.

Unable to tolerate the agonizing pain in his heart and disturbing mind, Jungkook quickly stumbled out of the tub, cleaning himself off the remaining shower foams. With only a towel draping his lower body, the true alpha slicked his raven hair back, walked into his closet to get dressed.

Without putting much thought, he rummaged his closet and picked a shirt and hood his hand reached out for with a pair of boxers and sweats.

His feet were like on a set of mind on its own when they hustled down the stairs, hands reaching for the keys to his car, ready to head out.

"Jungkook?"

The raven head halted in the darkened living room, not realizing the presence of anyone else in the middle of the night as his mind was clearly occupied with one thing, and one thing only.

"Huh?"

The younger could recognize the voice anywhere, it was his elder brother after all.

"Are you heading somewhere?" Namjoon switched on a single light in the room, giving them some light to outline each other's figure better.

"Um-...yea?"

"It's almost midnight Jungkook, aren't you also feeling tired from the training?" Namjoon asked in concern, as Jungkook bid everyone farewell right after dinner earlier, excusing himself for he felt exhausted.

"I am."

"Then where are you heading out to?" Joon knew the look so well on Jungkook's face. It's a face his little brother would pull when he is caught on the act.