38. Morning Breeze

The brown head woke up shaking.

A whole night of fitful broken dreams and sheets crumbled beneath his fragile body in the morning were sticking out like a sore thumb as Taehyung didn't get a wink of comfortable sleep at all.

It felt as if he was constantly being watched and held back by a very dark presence in his sleep. A feeling of suffocation and darkness which the brown head can't explain in words. He felt even more exhausted waking up at 6 am than when he went to bed last night. Not to mention the frequent trembles of his body made his heart race with anxiety.

"Yoongles?"

Taehyung weakly called out as he opened the bedroom door across his. Waddling in with his sleepy state trying to spot if his brother is awake.

"Looks like he is still fast asleep."

He watched how peaceful Yoongi was sprawled across the bed cosily tucked into the warmth of his blankets. The brown head just didn't feel the urge to disturb his older brother so he carefully stepped back out and closed the door gently.

After roaming his room for another 10 minutes, Taehyung decided to freshen up a little and go out for an early morning walk hoping he can feel more afresh than he felt when he woke up.

Taking his spare keys and slipping into his joggers, Taehyung pulled up the hood of his jacket to cover himself from the morning breeze as he walked along the neighbourhood to the park nearby.

Taehyung approached the lake which was glistening in silver as a polished diamond. The whole atmosphere around the lake at the park was religiously quiet. It looked like magic in the middle of the greenery. No sound emitting from the emptiness aside from gentle white noises of the mother nature.

At the park, in a convent quietness lined with some willow and oak trees, the whiff of the dewy morning hit Taehyung's nostril like a truckload. He decided to take few more steps around the lake keeping his eyes on the centre of the lake where the parting sky shone the early morning golden sunlight like heaven leaking its golden shine on the surface of the earth.

Everything looked majestic to the brown head and it brought a soothing smile on the curve of his mouth making his boxy smile surfacing.

With the sudden echo of birds chirping and gentle breeze hitting his smooth skin, Taehyung took another whiff of a peculiar musky scent which struck his senses like a knife. He closed his eyes and took a proper breathe taking in the surrounding as his feet came to a sudden halt.

Somehow, the change of the scent in the air made Taehyung relax and his stiffened muscles to soften. He felt euphoric. Confused with the sudden invasion, Tae opened his eyes and scanned the surrounding trying to identify which plant or tree might be so refreshing that it became his sudden favourite.

It was to his surprise but not the readers when Taehyung spotted a silhouette far away leaning onto the biggest oak tree around the park overlooking the lake.

A few more little steps were all it needed for Taehyung to inch closer to the figure and finally able to recognize the male who was decked in all black and eyes closed shut, relaxing against the tree in the wild.

"Jungkook?"

Jungkook knew Tae was walking into the park from the moment the brown head's feet touched the soiled ground. The whole environment sparked with eucalyptus scent making the true alpha's senses widened and heightened. He just patiently waited for his mate to find him while he selfishly basked in Tae's alluring scent.

"Oh, Tae?"

He acted surprised as he adjusted his posture attempting to look as natural as he could. He can't be allowing Tae to find out the fact that he has been here since the night before, trying to stay close to Tae's neighbourhood without being spotted by the brown head or his villainous brother - Yoongi.

"Hey...what are you doing here?"

"Um, early morning walk?" Jungkook's confident facade crumbled and diluted into the silver still lake in front of them.

Taehyung smirked and chuckled ever so lightly coming out as a mockery.

"Seriously? You drove from your Villa which is about an hour away to here for an early morning walk?"

"What? Can't I just be adventurous for once?" Jungkook rolled his eyes.

"Whatever, but...thanks for yesterday. For you know..."

Taehyung rested his hands inside his sweatpants, rocking his feet from left to right while kicking around the grass beneath his feet as Jungkook stay seated.

"No worries."

Jungkook looked up and his heart melted at the sight of his mate. Taehyung was looking ethereal with minimum effort that Jungkook finds it unfair on how glorious his mate looked. He was truly blessed by the moon goddess to be able to mate someone like Taehyung.

When he noticed the silence engulfing them once again, Jungkook stood up as he dusted his ass from the dirt on the ground adjusting his sweater and clearing his throat.

"So, how are you feeling?"

Taehyung raised his eyes and looked at the now standing raven head.

"Ok I guess? I had a crappy night of sleep so I thought about getting some fresh air. Aside from that, I feel fine."

"You didn't sleep well?" Jungkook asked curiously.

"Sort of? I felt like someone was just watching over me and I don't know...like I was invaded in my sleep?"

Taehyung stopped explaining further, afraid that it might sound creepy and didn't understand how it would have sounded for Jungkook.

"Sorry, I hope it doesn't sound creepy to you." Taehyung brushed the back of his neck and smiled like a little boy feeling embarrassed.

Jungkook on the other hand, he didn't say much. His mind was clouded with all the possible explanation on why might Taehyung felt such way?

Is that why I wanted to be close to him last night?

The true alpha thought to himself. He felt the need to be with Taehyung and something was wrong with his mate. Jungkook brushed it off after much difficulty thinking that it might due to his protective nature as Tae was just out of the hospital.

Could he have been in danger?

Jungkook's hand curled into a fist as he grows mad at himself while thinking how stupid he was for ignoring the signs. He should have stayed outside of Tae's house and not in some damn park just coz he thought he didn't want to invade their privacy and get scolded by Yoongi.

"Jungkook? Are you ok?"

Taehyung grew weary as he saw Jungkook losing in his thought again while his face burned with a sign of red as Jungkook continued to clench his jaw. Tae also saw how the raven head was holding his fist tightly together turning his knuckles white.

"Jungkook?"

Taehyung gently touched the raven head's cheeks when he notices the unresponsiveness from the raven head male. Tae immediately retraced his fingers when he sensed how hot the raven head was burning under his touch.

"JUNGKOOK!"

The scream broke the trance that the true alpha was in as Jungkook snapped his head towards the brown head who was looking at him with glistening eyes, full of worries.

Damn it. I did it again. I made him worried.

.
____________________________________________
⚜️
I love an early morning stroll at a park or
around any lakes.