26. A New Threat

"Hoseok, do you have the reports for the territory in recent days?"

Jungkook's weekend duty resumed as the acting head alpha. Mr Jeon requested for his son to upheld his responsibility in the office on weekends creating a busy schedule for the young true alpha.

It was the day after the raven head's 21st birthday and he wasted no time to get back to business after having an interesting night of revelation and a long chat with his brothers.

"Yea, over here."

The warrior beta handed a few shreds of paper to the true alpha as Jungkook extended his arms to snatch the papers with his nose still buried under some files on the table.

After a few minutes of comparing and inspecting the reports by other packs and warriors, Jungkook's brow scrunched worryingly.

"Unusual wolf tracks?"

Jungkook lifted his gaze to Hoseok and his brother Namjoon who sat side by side assisting their future head alpha.

"Yea, I wanted to talk about that with you as well. Hoseok warned me about that a few days ago and I think we should look into the matter Jungkook."

Namjoon explained that his fellow leaders from other packs mentioned about some wolf trace in their territory which does not belong to either of the packs residing in this town. It sent an alarming wave of worry to the others and hence the matter has been highlighted to the head of the pack - the Shadow Pack.

"You guys waited for a few days to inform this to me?" Jungkook narrowed his eyes at both Joon and Hoseok. He is not the one to act by temper but he did feel like this should have reached his ears sooner than later.

"Well Alpha Jeon was made aware of it and he has arranged for some securities in Shadow territory as well." Hoseok added on.

"What? Father added on security and no one bothered to let me know?" Jungkook slammed the papers on the table and stood with his fingers running furiously over his raven locks.

"Jungkook. You know father didn't mean to hide this from you. He just had a lot on his plate and it must have slipped his mind."

Namjoon assured his brother that it was not intentional.

"Where is father?"

"Alpha Jeon is in the garden. Northern park."

Jungkook didn't wait for Joon to follow suit as he rushed out of his study room leaving both his elders perplexed with his sudden outburst.

"Jungkookie need to chill his damn tits. He can't be running wild with emotions while handling pack matters."

Hoseok rolled his eyes feeling frustrated with the younger's emotional handle.

"I think he just finds it intimidating and challenging to be head alpha at such a young age with no partner to support." Namjoon said as he was aware of how crucial this is for his brother.

The youngest alpha to be throned without a partner by his side surely will take a toll on Jungkook in a long run. He sighed and chatted further with Hoseok about ways they can support their future alpha in all ways that they could.

.

"Hey Jungkook."

Alpha Jeon was seated on a bench overlooking the beautiful bed of flowers when he sensed the raging alpha approaching him with a mighty force.

"Father, can I have a word?"

Alpha Jeon patted the seat beside him and asked his son to join him.

"It's a beautiful evening isn't it son?"

Jungkook's frustration remained inside his soul while he gritted on his teeth watching his dad's calm demeanour. He wanted to confront his dad on the pack matter but watching his father's relaxed and peaceful state, he just refused to do so.

"Spill it son. I believe you wanted to confront me on not informing you on the security and the report of the wolf traces?"

Jungkook turned his attention to the side, watching his father's side profile remained peaceful and collected, just like a true leader. Jungkook's burning desire is to be like be his father - a righteous and charismatic head of alpha.

"Why are you not speaking son?"

"I'm sorry dad. I was just heated on my head about the lack of information, not that I wanted to confront you or anything."

Alpha Jeon nodded. He knew his son will be one of the youngest alpha to reign the position without a mate - as in a partner by his side. It will not be easy.

"I want you to take over the position Jungkook. I am stepping down tomorrow."

"What? Dad! You can't do that, it's not my time yet!"

The raven head stood in a panic unable to digest the piece of news his father graced him with.

"How would you know it's not your time yet Jungkook?"

"C-coz I-I..."

"Precisely. You're well trained, you know the skills for combats, you ran the office for me on weekends, you attended all the pack meeting since you turned 18 and all the leaders within the territory know you well enough to make you join their round table. Why do you think you're not ready yet?"

Because I don't have my mate by my side.

Jungkook's shoulder slumped like it was pulled down by two heavy rocks. Instantly, he felt the weakness in his soul. Since the day he identified Taehyung's existence as his mate, Jungkook has been feeling empty without his presence.

With time, the hollow within his soul will only grow bigger and more painful. A sign that no wolves would want to take in.

"Is this about Taehyung?" Alpha Jeon notice the changes in Jungkook's facade.

"Son, you do know Taehyung will forever be your mate. He just needs some time and it will come around."

"I feel so weak and empty without him dad. I know it's been only a day since we found out the news but my wolf whimpers and I feel a piece of me is missing without Tae by my side."

Alpha Jeon saw the frown and darkness in the eyes of his beloved son. He sighed not being able to reciprocate the absence of a mate by his side.

"Son you're so whipped."

"Gosh dad please! Don't make me talk about my love and mating process with you. It's gross." Jungkook sighed and closed his face behind the palm of his hand. He finds it embarrassing to discuss this with his father.

"I won't. You have your Namjoon Hyung to speak that part about. But I stand with my words son. Tomorrow, you're going to be going into a meeting with me and the territory leads, we are throning you as the head alpha of Shadow Pack."

.
___________________________________________
⚜️
Head Alpha Jeon Jungkook of Shadow Pack.
How does that sound?

I'm growing excited!