Welcome to the rebellion

It's been another boring rotation, the only thing that kept me from suicide was the fact that Ahsoka was there to give me company. Anyway, we were finally here, Ahsoka said some passwords and codenames and other things like that until they finally let us in. I was a little nervous at first, I still remember some of the bullies I had encountered when I first went to the temple. But once, again, there was Ahsoka there to help me through it.

When we walked out of our ship into a far larger one, there was a man there to greet us.

"Hello Ahsoka. I see you have found a friend." He said with an accent.

"Yes commander, his name is Caleb Dume, one of the few Jedi who survived order 66." Ahsoka introduced.

"Glad to have you with us padawan. I'm sure you've gone through a lot. You can call me commander Sato." He held out his hand, which I grabbed politely.

"Come, let me introduce you to the crew." He continued. I was a bit shy so I decided not to do a lot of talking at first, I minded some nods, handshakes and other sorts of body language. Some may have thought that I was a mute. But I was lucky to have Ahsoka there to do the talking for me.

"We may be a small few people now, but soon, there will be many more of us. Welcome to the rebellion." The commander smiled.

"Thank you." I finally found the courage to say.

"Unfortunately, we do not have any spare rooms available at the moment, so you may have to share with some of the rebels here.

Sleep with people I hardly know, definitely not. If there was anything that I learned over the course of two years, it was that I shouldn't trust people easily. Even if the force disagrees with my judgement.

"Umm...uh...I...I...I" I trembled. "He can sleep in my bunk." Ahsoka helped. Thank you Ahsoka.

"Very well then." Sato confirmed. "For the time being, I will need your full report Ahsoka."

Before she left, she whispered to my ear 'Don't tell anyone about Dagobah'. I nodded before Ahsoka left with Sato. Truthfully, I wasn't even planning on talking to anyone about anything. I just wanted to be left alone. It's funny, when I lived on the streets all I wanted was someone to talk to, but now that I can, I don't even want to talk anymore. As I started making my way into Ahsoka's dorm, I ran into several rebels, but all their attempts to give me a short conversation got ignored since all I did was nod to them whenever they said something to me.

It's been almost four hours, and Ahsoka still wasn't back. I was starting to lose hope she'll ever even be back. Every second I wasn't with her I felt alone and empty again, the echoing voices would haunt me occasionally, but this time an even darker voice reminded me of the day I almost died if it wasn't for Ahsoka who found me when she did.

This is it. I'm going to look for her. So shutting away my sad memories I walked towards the doors opening it, just in time to witness Ahsoka finally coming back. My face immediately lit up, I instinctively lunged towards her giving her a big hug, one that Ahsoka warmly returned.

"I was only gone for a few hours. Did you miss me that much?"

Of course. It felt like a few rotations to me."

I finally let her go closing the door behind us, cutting away the constant chatter of the other rebels.

"Why were you gone for so long?" I started.

"Well as you know it wasn't that long ago that I faced off against the emperor. Commander Sato was worried sick that he may still be able to track me through the force. I had to convince him multiple times until he stopped worrying, but even after that he ran a few tests to make sure that I wasn't lying, not that I would anyway." Ahsoka explained.

"Even if I wasn't a Jedi I would've believed you from the start." I commented.

"Glad to have you on my side." She smirked.

"You too, you have no idea how much happier I am with you than without you." I admitted.

"So you do enjoy my company." She replied cheekily, her smirk becoming more and more visible.

We spent the next hour or so just talking about our past. I talked about my experiences with living I the sewers while she talked about her countless missions as a fulcrum agent. After that she told me some of the basic rules and regulations of being a rebel. It had been really nice being able to talk to someone that I feel comfortable being with, something that I would've forgotten how to do if she didn't shed some light into the darkness.

Before we knew it, it was dinner time. I followed her like a pet to the cafeteria. This cafeteria was nothing like I've ever seen, not that I've seen many of them anyway. To be honest the only other cafeteria I remember as a kid was the one in the Jedi Temple, but this seemed way better, the smell, the chairs, the people, they were all different. I even enjoyed the fact that there were actually people talking in here, as suppose to the temple where we were under strict boundaries making it seem like a crime to let a single word exit our mouths, especially then Master Windu was around. Boy was this a hundred times better.