Happy birthday Caleb Dume

After Ahsoka gave me that kiss, I really started to wonder what my true feelings were towards her. We have definitely crossed the attachment line but I still can't figure out what this feeling I have for Ahsoka is. Whatever it is it sure did feel beyond great, it could be described as warm, comforting, and happy but I just can't seem to figure out what this pleasant feeling is.

Today is my birthday by the way, not that anyone ever cared about that in my life. The only people who know that would be my close friends from the temple and Ahsoka because I had told her recently. I am just very thankful that I do not have a mission today, which means I won't have to wake up so early.

When I woke up, it was 10, my first instinct was to see if Ahsoka was still there, but to my unfortunate, she was not. She'd probably just be on a mission. When I opened the door, I was slightly stunned by the amount of people that were standing there, all holding some sort or wrapped item or a box.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALEB!" They cheered.

"Whoa whoa whoa guys, first of all thanks but second, I know its my birthday but why is this so big of a deal?"

"What are you talking about kid? It's your birthday so you're the special birthday boy today."

"Birthday boy?" I thought. What does that even mean?

"Yeah but..." Before I could finish, the first rebel handed me one of the boxed gifts, then another, and another, and another and so on. They all gave me a quick 'happy birthday' before walking off.

"Have a very good day kid." The last one said as he walked off.

This was a very special moment for me because never in my life have I ever gotten a gift, the only time I would even get anything is if I worked hard to earn it, like my lightsaber and holocron for example.

There were so many presents that I spent all day opening and organising them neatly into a pile. As I finished the last one, the door to my room opened revealing the one and only Ahsoka Tano.

"I assume you told them about my birthday?"

"Of course I did"

"But why?"

"Because I wanted you to know how normal people celebrate their birthdays, unlike us who don't even get to celebrate it at all."

"Well thanks, its been a fun experience, I just wish I could've spent more of my time with you." 

"Oh gee you're making me blush." I smiled. Little did I know I was about to spend a lot of time with her.

Ashoka spent the rest of the hour talking about her supply run, knocking out bucket heads and just what we normally do on missions. I listened in amusement while giving occasional laughs from time to time. It was now evening. We were both meditating peacefully when she suddenly said, "Come on, I have a surprise for you."

I followed her out of the room willingly to see the rebels all gathered around a large table with 2 empty chairs and a cake with the words 'Happy 17th Birthday' written on it.

"Is...is this for me?"

"Yes" Sato replied.

"Thank you everyone." I thanked before we started digging in to the gigantic cake. This has been the happiest day of my life, but little did I know it was about to get better.

I walked into my room with Ahsoka and closed the door behind me.

"I don't think I've given you a birthday present yet." I nodded, "Close your eyes."

I did as she said and closed my eyes, awaiting my final present of the day. I was starting to grow a bit impatient when suddenly, I felt soft lips connecting with mine. I opened my eyes, completely in shock to find Ahsoka being the source of the kiss. I just didn't know how to react at all, no one has ever in my life told me anything about being in a relationship. Luckily, I was a bit tired, which allowed my instinct to kick in returning the kiss before the situation got any more awkward.

I closed my eyes once again to completely feel that passion of the soft and delicate kiss. My heart was definitely skipping beats as my whole body was shaking, but I nonetheless continued to kiss her. Taking me by surprise she pushed me towards the wall while still continuing the momentum of the kiss. I slightly moaned as the wall hit my back. My left hand snaked its way towards the back of her head while the other found a path to her back just below her neck. As for Ashoka, she had a hand wrapped around my neck while the other was on my shoulder, with her lekkus gently massaging my back.

At that very moment, we both knew that the Jedi coded didn't matter anymore, nothing in the universe mattered except for the love we had for one another. Yes. Love. I know that now, so that was the feeling I have had inside me for Ahsoka. The kiss went on for three minutes until we finally parted ways, our heads merely an inch away.

"I love you Caleb."

"I love you too Ahsoka."