october 20, 2020

12:35 p.m.

omg okay so i accidentally closed the tab in the middle of the last entry, so i just forgot to complete it.

anyways! back to my pretty great weekend! during our art club call, i was able to just chill with and talk to several poc, including my commanders, and it was really nice. at the end, it was just one other poc and myself, so we just talked. he was so nice and easy to talk to. he was getting to know me and checking in on me, too. ever since we started the discord server with both poc and gmc, i've definitely been able to connect with poc better and feel more comfortable with them. 

i've been on discord with people almost every night since it's wild ha. i made some progress on three paintings! 

in other news, i'm so scared about my physical fitness assessment (pfa) coming up. we have a mock pfa in two weeks, and i'm nowhere near ready. my goal is 15 minute 1.5 mi, 35 pushups, and 42 situps. i will update you on how i do later. i was talking to kaley about it the other night, and it really hit me how shitty i feel about it. i just feel like i'm not doing good enough and am not making any progress, so i'm really determined to put in more work these coming weeks. i do not want to fail it because it will draw attention to me from poc and cadre yikes.

also, i finally reached out to muw's art and design department about my watercolor supplies, and they said no one was supposed to touch them, so i'm free to go gather them anytime. i asked a junior to try to bring them home with her, so hopefully i get it soon and can start doing watercolor again! i should clean my room before then though, so i have space. i don't want to just create another pile on the floor lol.