october 31, 2020

9:33 p.m.

hi. this past week has been kinda eventful.

i was hoping for a really great and energized week, but that didn't happen. it's okay, there's always next week. after i wrap up homework and such for this week, i'm hoping for a good week next week.

i didn't run at all this week unfortunately and am a little behind on my schoolwork actually. hurricane zeta came through wednesday (oct 28) afternoon/evening, and the power cut out around 8:30 p.m. and didn't come back in my area until 7:30 p.m. the next day. over 2.1 million people lost power, but as of today, there's still about 40,000 people without power. it was a cat 2, and even though it's not the strongest one this year, it hit us more directly, so we felt the impact more. it was still up to 50 mph winds by the time it reached new jersey--kinda crazy. 

i ended up missing several classes, so i'm kinda playing catch up. i started with rotc things though because that's kinda most important to me haha. i'm still working on my other classes.

also, two weeks ago, i said i would treat myself to sushi on saturday if i ran 3 times that week, but i ended up going to lunch with friends and getting boba, so that will suffice. so my next goal is if i pass the pfa next week, i will treat myself to sushi. <3

the other day, i talked to jackie about how we feel about rotc so far, and we both feel a bit of imposter syndrome because when we look around, a lot of cadets know exactly what they want to do and seem to have solid plans while we don't even have an idea. i told sandoval about it, and as expected, he took it up the chain of command and told frank, but i didn't expect him to tell will. yesterday, will was talking to me about and it seems like they were all under the impression i was considering dropping rotc. i'm not haha. i just wish i had more motivation to stay other than my scholarship and being able to afford a usc education because of it.