M A K E . U P

Soon-hee was standing right outside Minghao's room. His door was looming over almost like an intimidating person. For a second she forgot it was souless.

She needed to rise to the challenge and remember the reason behind her visit.

Hao already knew after all.

For the first time in her life she felt such a colossus need to kill her brother. He did this on purpose, Right? He knew how big of a deal it was to her so he is taking his revenge.

"Um... Are you gonna stand there?" Minghao said, right in front of her. He probably opened the door without her knocking.

"For how long was this d-door open?" She asked secretely petrified. Embarrassing...

"For about a minute? I wanted to throw the garbage but you are on the way..." He answered and Soonie looked down. Damn, how much more awkward can this get?

"Oh... I am sorry..." She apologized and made him some space to walk by her. He scoffed balancing the bag he was holding, against the wall outside the room.

"You are here for the book, Right?" He asked staring at her eyes. The girl nodded trying not to cry at how much she misses him.

"Y-Yes..." She admitted and the boy fully opened the door. "Get in then!" He said and the girl slowly invaded his personal space.

Staring around, she realized almost nothing changed.

"Sit..." He said and closed the door behind them. Soon-hee sat on the bed she used to have so automatically like it was still hers. "So... T-the book?" She asked quite ambivalent, full of mixed feelings.

"Do you wanna drink something?" He asked fixing his desk. His reactions were brief and concise.

"What?" She asked surprised. She thought he was gonna kick her out! What's wrong with this gentle behaviour?  She was literally awaiting for him to treat her badly and then probably push her out?

"Let me guess... An orange juice! You still like juices, Right?" He asked and a smile slightely appeared in his face before he hides it away once again.

"U-Uh... Y-Yes That would be good..."She scratched her head awkwardly.  Minghao entered the small kitchen to make her the juice while she literally zoned out, thinking about this odd way of acting.

Is he okay?

Isn't he mad?

"It's ready!" He nudged her shoulder and gave her the glass after a while of her being absent minded.

"Earth to Soon-hee..." He said and the girl finally grabbed the glass and paid attention to the boy. "T-Thanks... B-But... Where is the book?" She asked shifting glances around.

"What book?" He said completely forgetting about his conversation with Jihoon and laid on his bed. As soon as he remembered his expression changed within two seconds.

"Oh! The book! Right!" He awkwardly laughed and scratched the back of his neck.

"Yes... Where is it?" She was persistent about this exact same question, as Hao was trying to figure out an excuse. "D-Drink your juice and... I-I will give it to you..." Minghao stuttered. 

Soonie stared at him really suspiciously. Hao tried to look away like everything is fine until she finishes her juice. "Oh you are done?" Hao said after a while and cupped her glass.

On his way to the kitchen Soonie's voice stopped him from moving. "There is not a book, isnt it?"She asked and Hao titled around.

"I-I..." He said, staring at her and in the snap of a second he let the glass on the desk. "Fine... there is not a book..." He sat on his bed.