4

Ash POV

Road trip!

Currently Winter and I are in a semi good motel outside of DC figuring out our game plan.
We got a map, notebooks, compass, and the lady at the front desk said we can use the computer if we need to.

Right now he's at the desk looking at the map while I write in one of the notebooks we got. It's a journal of sorts. It's leather with a brass clip on the front and a little slot for my pen.
He's going to use most of them because he's getting his memories back so fast he writes them down as soon as he gets them so he never forgets.
He told me that when they wiped him last time the bond we had was too strong so he still remembers me.

"How do you feel about Europe?"
"It's a pretty cool place. Foods a little weird, people are Nice."
"Good because I was thinking we get to England. Because I know that any Hydra bases there aren't there anymore. Also it's a good place to get some footing then all we got to do is catch a boat to get to the rest of Europe."
"Plus we can both do a pretty good British accent. Top of the morning to you good sir."
I say with said British accent.
He laughs as he circled England on the map before taking the map back to the desk.
"Hey i was thinking," he turns to look at me.
"I think I should cut my hair. Hydra knows I'm probably with you and I'm easily identified by my hair."
"Are you sure?"
"Yeah I mean it's just hair right? It'll grow back. Plus I already found a length that would work for me." I grab one of the magazines that was in the room when we got here.
The hairstyle is short, hangs just above my shoulders with a side part and the ends flipped out.
"You know with this you'll look like a girl from my time. Haha. Alright if you want to do it, I'm sure we can find a place to get it done."
"Thank you." I say as I cling to him.

The lady at the front desk told us about a barber shop that does hair cuts for really good price so we went there.
There was a group of ladies who did all girls hair so one of them named Charlie took me to a chair and started petting my hair.

" Hi I'm Charlie. What's your name?"
"Ash. This is my dad."
"Well hi Ash, hi Ash's Dad. So what are we doing today?"
"I would like to cut this off."
"What  but this is amazing. Why do you want to cut it?"
"Well I've had this for a while and I want a new look. Plus if I don't like it I just grow it back out."
"Yeah that makes sense. Alright let's begin."
She brings me to wash my hair and it feels different. Mostly because my hair probably hasn't had a really really good wash since I was little.
She lines up the length, parts it to the side like I usually do and snip.
Snip.
Snip.
She takes the circular brush and starts blow drying my hair while flipping the ends out.
"Alright and... I'm done."
"Wow. It looks awesome. Thank you."
"Aw you're welcome honey and it's still long enough so you can put it into a pony tail and a tiny braid."
" Cool thanks."
She smiles sweetly as she takes us to check out.
The cut cost $20 which is really good and Winter left a dollar in the tip jar.

When we got back to the hotel Winter used the computer to get us plane tickets to England under the names Ashley and Max Johnson.
Got two seats for coach flight to England at 8am out of Washington Dulles International Airport.
We packed our go bags and arranged all the money, then had dinner and hung out.
"Have you ever been to England?"
"Yeah I think at the beginning of my time in the war then I got transferred to France."
"Cool. Hey do you think we can go on the london eye?"
He smiles at the thought.
"Maybe. I was thinking we stay for at least a month then figure out the next step."
"Alright I like it."
"Good. Now bedtime."
"Ugh fine."
I get in my twin bed and I actually feel sleepy and start to drift off.
"Goodnight my Angel." He says kissing my forehead.
"Hum goodnight Dad."