13

(listen to song later)

Stark POV

In the envelope where Steve's letter was is also a letter from Barnes that says please read.
*Sigh* "what the hell."
I opened the letter.

"Stark,
I know right now you hate me but I need to ask you to do something for me. We found that Ash was moved to be in the Foster system and if it's as bad as it was back my time than I can't have her in there. I know you don't like her either and she doesn't like you but what I'm asking is that you help her. Not as a favor to me or her but the same reason you brought that spider kid all the way to Germany.
Give her a chance at a semi normal life. That's a promise I made to her that I can't keep due to the circumstances. Please help her and if you do give her the letter in the box.

Respectfully, James Barnes."

"Friday?"
"Yes?"
"Start looking for Ash."

Ash POV
I'm at my crappy foster home when  I'm called down to the office for some reason that I don't really care about.

"Yeah what?"
"Now is that really how Barnes raised you? God."
I see Stark sitting at the desk.
"What the hell are you doing here?"
"Signing papers so you can get out here."
"And go where?"
"Home. With me. Peppers wanted a daughter for a while and she saw your picture and thinks you need a good home."
"Why really Stark?"
"Barnes asked me."
"And that's why?"
"Yeah. Now go get your stuff. I personally don't want to be here anymore."
I got my stuff and loaded into the car with his driver Happy.
"Do you like pasta? Pepper's asking."
"Yeah I guess." I say looking out the window playing with my necklace. It calms me. The same way how braiding my hair was calming to Winter.
Why isn't he the one who got me out?

We got to a mansion near the avengers tower which is apparently where I'll be living so I don't have to travel too far for school and the new place upstate is still in remodel time.

"Welcome to Stark mansion! I'll take you to your room then later you can go explore or something."
He took me to the 3rd floor to a nice room with a canopy bed and my own bathroom.
On the bed is a letter.

(Listen to song above)

"Ash, if you're reading this then that means that Stark is actually human with a heart.

my Angel, my daughter.
I know you are confused or even angry that Stark of all people is who got you out. I truly wanted it to be me but I couldn't. I'm in wakanda with the team.
I'm going under. Ash I need these codes out of my head. I couldn't live with myself if I hurt you.
I know I promised you a semi normal life and I wish I could give you that. But truth is love, you're not normal. You're the best Angel in the world.
I want you to go to school.
Make friends.
Maybe go on a date. If he's a good guy and not someone I have to kill later.
Be a teenager and have fun.
You are the best thing that ever happened to me.
Please remember that I have and always will love you.

Love Winter.
Ps I love you. Forever and always."

As I finish the letter I'm in full on tears.
Just every emotion I've ever held in is coming out.
I'm all alone.

I didn't even notice that Stark had come in and sat down next to me.
He pulled me into his chest and held me as I just broke down.
"You're not alone."