36

Ash POV
"Ow!"
"Loosen your muscles and it won't hurt as much or just don't get thrown through a window."
Ben said as he pulls glass out of my shoulder.
We are all in the lobby watching the news about what happened today.

"Mysterio. That's his name."
Brad said reading the TV.
"Mysterio is italian for man of mystery. They don't know who he is." MJ said from the stairs.
"Ash do you know who he is?"
"Nope."
"What do you mean no? You didn't read his mind."
"I couldn't. Either he's a special type of telepath where I can't sense him or the fog in his helmet prevents telapaths from reading him."
"Weird. Do you think he could be on the team." Flash asked from his seat.
"God no. The fact that I can't read him makes him extremely sketchy."
I walked upstairs to our room and laid down on the bed.
God I'm tired.

I heard the door open and Ben laid down next to me.
"You ok?"
"Yeah. I'm just tired. It's been a day."
I said nozzling into his side.
"Then sleep."
"I think I will."
Just as I said that my phone went off.
Unknown number.
Fury.
"What Fury?"
"Parkers room now."
Call ended.

"Ugh damn it Fury. I'll be right back I'm going to go kill Nick Fury."
"Ok." He gave me a kiss before I walked to Parker's room.

"What the hell? Why are you here?"
"Because I need to talk to you two. Suit up and meet me outside."
With that he left.

"I'm going to kill him. I swear, one of these days I'm going to kill him." I said looking at Parker.
"Yeah I might join you depending how this meeting goes."
I went back to my room, told Ben what's happening, changed into my suit and now I'm in boat with Parker and Fury.
As we are going to Fury's secret lair he hands Parker a sun glasses case.
Inside are the Edith glasses.
Edith is a new AI that Tony made for him.

"Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Stark said you wouldn't get that because it's not a StarWars reference."
"Shakespeare." I said with a smile.

"And he said you would get it because it's from a book."
I smiled at that as well pulled into port.
His secret lair consists of various scientists and guards with computers and all sorts of stuff.
"You can take the mask off. Everyone here has seen you without, no sense breathing through spandex for no reason." Fury said as we walked in and Parker took off his mask.

We walked towards a table where mysterio was.
Why the hell is he here?
"Mysterio."
Parker said in shock.
"Uh no. Peter parker, Ash Stark this is Quinton Beck."
He shook Parker's hand then mine which I held firmly trying to get in his head.
Nothing.
What the hell.

After Parker and I politely declined the offer of another world saving mission.
Well he politely declined.
I didn't. I don't feel like being polite with Fury right now.
Parker went to leave but saw I wasn't with him.
"Ash?"
"You go I'll catch up." I said as he then left.

"Ash?" Fury said looking at me.

"Nothing I just wanted to remind you that I'm not taking adults for the new avengers."
"I'm not going to try to lie because I know it's pointless but I think he could be good for the team."

Fury says looking at Beck than me.
"What team?"
Beck asked knowing we are talking about him.

"Ash here is the leader of the new avengers and she needs to build the team."
"Yes Fury as you said I am the leader. Not you. Now I know that you're used to being in charge of the avengers but not with me. Tony may have let you but I won't. I don't want or need you to bring me Heros who just need a team. If you want to bring me supers bring me kids who need help with their powers. Or better yet let me find who I want on my team and you just sit back and do whatever it is you do when you're not trying to run everyone's lives."
"You remember who you are talking to Stark."
"Why do I feel like you've said that to the other Stark. And like him I'm telling you to let me lead my team."
With that I left. Really not in the mood.
And still tired as hell.

I flew back to the hotel, got to my room to see Ben asleep in our bed with a book indicating that he was trying to stay up for me but fell asleep.
Aw. I thought as I kissed his cheek.
I changed into my PJs and put the bookmark in his book before placing it on the nightstand and climbing in.
Time for a nice sleep.