8

Ash POV

So little catch up.
We left London about a week ago and are now in italy going to head to Bucharest in a few days. We are in a semi good apartment building with a nice old lady named Miss Lola next door who makes us food.
Winter has been working some jobs here and there but I can't so Miss Lola has been teaching me some stuff. Cooking,cleaning, sewing. Stuff like that.
Recently I've come down with some sneezes and come coughs every now and then I think it's just allergies.... Wait all the experiments they did on me made me have no allergies.
Crap.
I'm sick.

Winter POV
I got back from work at the butcher. Took off my jacket, threw the keys on the counter.
"Ash? Where are you?"
Nothing. I looked in her room which was small but had a decent bed.
On the bed is her dead asleep with Hunter in her arms, at 5pm?
I took my real hand and put it on her forehead. She has a fever.
I moved my metal hand to her forehead and she nozzled into the welcoming cold slowly waking up.
"Hi."
"Hey doll. How long have you been like this?"
"Just about all day.  Been feeling blah for a while now."
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Because I didn't want you to worry." *Cough*
"Oh honey I'm your father, it's my job to worry."
She gave a little nod.
"Where do you think you caught this cold?"
"Miss Lola and I went to the market and one of the moms had a little cold so maybe there."
"Alright."
I let out a breath though my nose. It's been forever since I've had to treat a cold. Even at that I don't know what they have here. I can't remember if there is a pharmacy of sorts here.
I gotta go see Miss Lola.
"Hey I'll be right back I'm going to go ask Miss Lola for help. Ok?"
"Ok." *Cough cough*
"Oh baby. I'll be right back."
I gave her a kiss on the forehead before running out the door.

*Knock knock*
"Ah hello Winter what can I do?"
"Hi Miss Lola. Uhh Ash has a cold. Is there a pharmacy or something like that around here I can go to?"
"Yes yes there is. We have a american pharmacy here with missionaries. Just down the street. You go. I watch her."
"Ok thank you."
I ran down the stairs and walked out the door. I stopped for a second to check my wallet.
I have 7 dollars on me. The rest is back at our room. I'll have to make do with this.

I walked for a while and started to get a little frantic when I couldn't find it.
Ugh damn it. I think turning in a circle looking around. Where is it?
"Sir? Can I help you?"
I heard a american accent ask me as I turned to see a woman about 25/27 with blonde hair smiling with concern.
"Uh yes I'm looking for medicine. My daughter is sick."
"Well come with me, my husband is a doctor he can help."
Half of me wants to trust her but the other half remembers that Ash and I are still running from Hydra.
But I can't loose her.
I ran after her hoping I made the right choice.

She took me to a church?
It's not a beat up as some of the others we've seen.
People are running around doing stuff a few look at me with curiosity.
"Max!"
"Over here!"
We walked to a office where a guy who looked about the same age as his wife was looking at some papers.
"Max this man needs help."
"What's wrong?" He asked looking at me for an answer.
"My daughter is sick with a cold or possibly the flu. I can treat her I just need some equipment."
"You're american."
"Yeah. My daughter and I are traveling."
"Nice. Well let me grab my bag then we can go."
"You don't have to do that. I just need some equipment then I can take care of her."
"Would you rather risk her getting more sick because you couldn't treat her properly."
"Fine. Let's go."
"Great. Now what's your name?"
"James."
"Alright James let's go check on her."
We headed out with me leading us back to our apartment. As we walked i got a good look at them.
He's in jeans and a short sleeve shirt and he has a big cross on his arm. Where his wife has one on her shoulder.
She's in shorts and a tank top with her hair in a braid.

"So why are you guys here?"
"We're missionaries. We go where God tells us to."
"Really. How does he tell you?"
"Well the last few times we just threw a dart at a map. Where the dart landed we went but this time I had a dream about this place and knew this was our next destination."
"Huh sounds fun. Here we are."
I said as we stepped in the building and went up the stairs to our room.
Miss Lola is there with a wet rag on Ash's forehead.
"She's gotten hotter not better. I make her some soup." She says as she leaves.
"Oh Ashy. Hey hey it's me I'm back. I found some people that are going to help us."
"Are you sure their good people?"
"I took my chances. Feel free to read their minds while they help you."
She smiles at the idea.
I let Max get to work on seeing what's wrong with her.
"Hey Ash right?" She nods.
"I'm Max this is my wife Julie. We're going to take good care of you." He said as the hung his stethoscope around his neck.
"Ok."
She gave me a thumbs up which means she has read their minds and they check out.
"So how long have you felt like this?"
"A few days. *Cough* At first it was just a cough."
"Ok. Stick out your tongue for me."
He puts the popsicle stick on her tongue to check her tonsils.
"Ok so tonsils are good. How old are you?"
"14."
"Ok."
As he's giving her a check up Julie wanders over to the counter where I have the map layed out with our passports.
"You heading out again James?"
"Yeah we are going to Bucharest after this."
"Sounds fun. What's there for you two?"
"Adventure."
I say causally with a smile.
She takes my hint to drop it and walks over to her husband and Ash.
"James is Ash allergic to any medicine?"
"Uhh no not that I can recall."
"Ok. And is she good with pills?"
"Yes."
"Great."

After a little bit more of him giving her a regular check-up which is probably good since it's been a while since her last one.
By the time he's done she's asleep again so we all left her room quietly to go talk in the living room.
"So what's wrong with her?"
"Well first she's healthy as horse besides just the little cold she has."
"That's it just a cold."
"Yeah. All she needs is sleep and liquids."
"Haha so I freaked out for nothing."
"No a cold over seas is still a cold but I can tell it's probably the first time you've dealt with that alone."
"It's the first time in a while. She's all I have so I couldn't take any chances."
"I understand. If you don't mind me asking what happened to her mother?"
"Uh she died when Ash was 3. It's just been the two of us ever since."
"I'm sorry. But hey you're doing way better than I probably would. Haha."
I gave a smile.
" Alright so I'm going to give you these. They are just for congestion so she can breathe while sleeping."
"Ok great. Thank you again for helping us."
"It's what we are here for. If all goes well she should be back to normal in a few days to a week."
"Alright Thank you."
"Take care brother. God be with you." He said before he and Julie walked out the door and down the stairs.

I walked back to her room and sat down on her bed holding her hand.
*Sigh* "looks like he's watching over us after all."