24

(time skip to Ash is off crutches but has a limp with the leg. And it's her 16th birthday.)

Ben POV
Ok so it's Ash's birthday and we have a great day planned but first step is the hardest step.

Getting Ash out of bed.
Pepper told us that she Is Not A Morning person.
So we must enter with caution.
It's  Saturday and it's 7:30am.
Pepper said that she sleeps till 8 on Saturdays so we are just going to be there when she wakes up and hopefully she won't throw something at us.

We got upstairs to her room and we decided let's send the guy with super powers in first.
So Peter went in and gave us the all clear than Ned and I followed.

There she is.
The sleeping Angel.
She's under her purple and red fluffy blanket. Her dirty blonde hair is like a mop head all spread out with her face on the pillow as she lays on her stomach. She moved to her side as we walked in and we all froze.
Sighing a sigh of relief as she is still asleep. Good.

I sat down on her bed as Peter and Ned just looked around.
On her nightstand is her phone, and clock that looks like a Regal era style clock along with a picture frame.

The picture is of her,Winter and a boy who looks like her. She looks about 5/6 they are in a training room and she's on the boys back with a smile as Winter is cleaning a rifle trying to hide a smile.
That must be Jackson
That's why I want today to be great.
It's hard turning 16 and  having a birthday when your family isn't here.

We didn't even notice that it was 8 till her alarm clock went off and we screamed.
She woke up kinda.
Just enough to turn the alarm off and roll onto her other side.
Eyes still closed.
We all let out a sigh of relief before laughing just a little.
"Ash."
*Unintelligible sleeping response.*
"Ash. Wake up."
"I know this isn't a dream, So you 3 better have a good explanation as to why you're in my room at 8 in the morning."
She says  in a sleepy voice eyes still closed.
"We do. It's your birthday."
"What is it with people making a big deal about my birthday? First Winter for as long as I can remember and now you guys. I'm 16 woohoo. I can legally drive a car even though I've been driving since I was 11. Anything else?"
Again eyes still closed. Slowly seeing the morning Ash we were told/warned  about.
"A lot that I can't think of for some reason. But 16 is a big milestone birthday. In England we still have debutante balls for 16."
"Ben I swear to God if you planned a debutante ball I'm throwing you out the window with my mind."
"No we didn't plan one. We planned something better. A day in the town. Going places. Doing stuff." Ned says as he and Peter are now sitting on the bed too.
"Oh yay sounds fun." She replies sarcastically.
"It will be. Now get up."
We go to pull the blanket when a magic dagger shows up at our faces.
"Touch the blanket and you die."
"Ok. We'll go wait downstairs. Uniform for the day is casual with good walking shoes." Peter says trying to hide the fear in his voice.
The daggers moved to face up.
"And there better be coffee."
"There will be. Don't go back to sleep!"
I shouted as I shut the door.

Ash POV
I didn't ask for a wake up call on my birthday.
I don't even know how they found out about my birthday.
I was planning on pretending it's not my birthday.
It's just a day.
Winter tried explaining it to me when I was little but still don't get it.
Yeah I guess it's fun and stuff but no reason for a big deal.
I wonder what Winter is doing.
Do you think he remembered my birthday?
I turned off the sad thoughts and got out of bed to get dressed.
I put on my jeans with my favorite boots then  a good bra and a long sleeve blue shirt with Winter's flannel.
It's November. I'm a winter birthday.
Whoo hoo.
I put my hair in a ponytail, did my usual makeup, grabbed my phone and I'm ready.
I got down stairs to find the guys in the kitchen with Happy, Stark and Pepper.
"Hey there's the birthday girl!" Stark said noticing me walking over to the coffee maker.
"Hi. Good morning parental figures and friends."
"Do you feel any different? We're 16 but we're guys. I heard that it's different for girls." Parker said.
Oh I love how innocent he is sometimes.
"Yeah the teenage years are very different for girls Parker. We got all sorts of weird stuff happening."
He just smiles as I read his mind and see a memory of Pepper telling them about how I'm not a morning person.

"Ok so before you guys leave. Ash I would like to give you my present." Pepper said getting up from the table.
"Pepper you didn't have to get me a present." I say as she leaves the room.
"Yes Ash you are getting presents. You're 16 and birthdays are a big deal in this family." Stark says as she returns.
It's a garment bag that she hangs on the door and motions me to come over to.
"What is it?"
"Open it and find out. It's not a dress if  that's your concern." She says with a smile.
I unzipped the bag and saw a blue ww2  winter/fall style jacket with "Barnes" on a  faded fabric name tag sewed on the top right pocket.
The US army Sargent rank is sewed on the arms.
"Is this?..."
"It's not a replica. I went to the museum in Washington and bought his jacket. Had it all cleaned up and here it is. Good as new."
I'm just in shock.
"Do you like it?" She says looking at me with concern as I'm trying not to cry.
I throw my arms around her in hug.
"Thank you. So much."
"You're welcome. I thought you would want something from the old Winter."
"I love it."
I took the jacket out and put it on.
It's perfect.
A little big but that's fine.
It feels like he's right here.

The guys got their coats, hats and gloves because apparently it's cold outside and we are off on my birthday adventure as Ned called it.
This will be interesting.