32

Ash POV
About a month after the funeral Pepper decided to move back to the new york house because I'm living there and Morgan wants to be with her sister.
That and she found a school for her in the city.

Right now I'm getting ready for a press conference with the media about the new Avengers.

God I hate this.
I can't wait for our school trip to Europe.
I really need this vacation.

As I'm putting in my earrings Ben walks in and over to me giving me a kiss on my head.
"You ready?"
"Haha no. But I don't have a choice."
"You'll be great. And remember I'll be right behind you the whole time."
"I know." I gave him a kiss then we walked downstairs.

The press brief is taking place right outside the building so when I step out the the front door there is a Podium and cameras and people everywhere.
Ben opened the door and immediately I'm bombarded with questions and my name being called and cameras flashing everywhere.

"Ash! Ash! Fox news. how does it feel having the title of Stark heiress and leader of the avengers?"
"It's interesting. Thankfully I'm only dealing with the avengers side of the Stark life. My adopted mother Pepper is taking care of Stark Industries."

"Ash! When can we expect the new Avengers to be formed and ready to protect us?"
"No idea. So far all we have is Spider man and myself."
"If the avengers aren't formed what will we do if another threat like Thanos or Hydra comes knocking."
"Spider man and myself will do our best to beat them."

"Ash. Daily bugle. How can we expect to feel safe when the leader of the new Avengers is a Hydra experiment with blood on her hands?"

At this I just froze.
cameras began a flashing questions could be shot at me but I just stood there frozen.

Ben saw this and came up on the podium.
"That's it for now. Thank you for coming."
Ben took me inside as various names and questions and words like Coward and Freak  were shouted at me.

We walked into the kitchen and I started to try and get my breathing under control.

*Breathing heavily* "why would he ask that? What if I can't do this?"
"Hey hey look at me. Look at me. Breathe." Ben said holding my shoulders breathing slowly helping me calm down.
"He asked you that because he was looking for a string to pull. The Daily Bugle is one of those controversial news sites that thrive on gossip and discord."
"Well he found that string. Ben what if I can't do this? What if the next time something big happens we aren't ready and we lose. I can't have that. I've lost too much already. I promised Tony I would protect Morgan and what if I can't."
"Then we'll help. Ash that's why Peter, Ned and Happy and I are here. We are a team. And we'll figure this out. Together I promise."
"Promise?"
"I promise." He gave me a kiss and that really helped me calm down.
"Want to go for a walk?"
"Are they gone?"
"Friday is the front door clear?" He said.
"Yes."
"Thanks Friday."
With that we went out the door and headed to the park for some air.

"How's your public speaking skills?" I asked as we walked hand in hand.
"Pretty good."
"Good because I think when we get the team up and running I'll promote you to dealing with the press. I'll talk when the world is ending or something."
"Ok. Sounds like a interesting job along with being team medic."
"You'll do great. *Sigh* man we need this vacation."
"Yeah and think of where we are going. Venice, Paris, London. Some of the most romantic places in Europe." He says spinning me in a dance before dipping me.
*Laughing happily* "yeah it's going to be great and when we get back we will in our senior year."
"One more year  of hell then we're free."

We started laughing happily before he pulled me up into a kiss.

"Yeah and tomorrow is our last day of school."
"Yes it milady."

As we started walking home I got a call from an unknown number.
Fury.
Nick Fury.
I'll answer him later.
And off to voice mail he went.