25

Ash POV

The day was spent going to various places, the Zoo, Natural History Museum, stardust diner, and at 6 we headed home.
When we got home I see Happy hanging up streamers and party decorations.
"Uh Happy, what are you doing?" I asked when I saw that and he fell off the ladder.
I caught him with my magic and placed him down.
"Uh well Ash, we're setting up for a party."
"For what or who?"
"You. Don't worry it's just a little party nothing too crazy."
"The catering truck I can have sense behind the building says otherwise."
I say gesturing to the kitchen.
"It will be fun I promise. Now Tony and Pepper went to go get something but they left you all outfits for tonight. Ash yours is in your room, boys yours is in the guest room. Go change it starts at 6:30."

We went upstairs and Ben decided to break the silence.
"Ash just so you know we didn't know anything about this."
"I know. I'm sure it will be fine." I said with a smile before entering my room and shutting the door.

I opened my closet and saw this.

I put it on with black leggings and kept my makeup the same but not sure what to do about the hair

I'm sitting at my dressing table when a knock is at my door.
"It's open."
In walks Ben in a nice suit with no tie but a dark purple dress shirt.
"Is purple the theme of this party?" I asked him.
"I think so. Ned and Peter are in something similar to my apparel."
"Fun, purple is slowly becoming not my favorite color anymore. Haha."
"Come-on really, it looks great on you."
"Yeah I know. But my hair is being annoying tonight." I said throwing my hair brush at a wall.
He came up behind me, smiled at me in the mirror as he started petting my hair and parting it to the side.
"Maybe just leave it down. It looks great like that."
"Alright, than I'm ready."
I stood up, put on my boots and I'm good.

We walked out to the stairs and saw various people,  ex Shield agents, Rodey and some other people.

I felt Ben take my hand as we walked down the stairs and I  suddenly felt calmer.
We walked around a little, Stark introduced me to some people and Rodey and I talked bad leg stuff, haha.
He's able to walk but still a little weird because he has like mechanical legs where I just have a brace and a limp which is annoying.

After about a hour of talking to people I decided to go hide for a little bit.
Ben had gone to the bathroom so that's when I grabbed a cookie then went back upstairs, grabbed Winter's jacket and went up to the roof.
It's pretty cold but a nice cold with a gentle wind.
The night sky is a dark blue with stars everywhere as a crescent moon hangouts in the sea of stars.

"So this is where you're hiding." Ben says as he sits down next to me with his feet hanging off the edge like mine.
"Yeah, I just needed some air. Just a bunch of people down there that i don't know and I heard some of the shield agents talking and thinking about me. How I'm just a Hydra experiment trying to be normal and all that."
"Their just being snobs."
"No, I know why their thinking that. Their scared of me. Like 80% of the people down there are scared of me."
"Well that means that they aren't going to mess with you. Which is a good thing."
I let out a small chuckle.
"Yeah I guess. It just feels weird. 16 is a pretty big deal and one of the most important people in my life isn't here. It's just a little hard."
"I get it. My dad was in the British Navy and he was here for my birth then I didn't see him again till I was like 6."
"So what you're saying is I'm a military kid. Dad goes out on deployment and he comes back."
"Yeah I think so. Haha I think if Winter was really still in the Army a lot of our wars would be done by now or at least with less casualties on our side."
"Haha sounds about right."
"Can I give you my birthday present to you?"
"Ben I said I don't really want presents."
"Well too bad you're getting presents." He sticks his hand in his pocket and pulls out a ring box and hands it to me.
I opened the box to find this.

"It's beautiful." I said looking at it in awe.
He smiles as he takes it out of the box, takes my hand and slips the ring on my left middle finger next to my other rings.
"And it fits perfectly."
"Yeah it does. Thank you, you really didn't need to."
"Yes I did. Ash you're worth it. Stop thinking that you're not."
He says gently pulling me to face him.
Before my brain can really react I leaned forward and kissed him.
It's sweet and I feel him smile before kissing back.
We stayed there for about a minute before I pulled out.
I just had my first kiss. With my best friend no less.
Who I've had a crush on for a while.
Ah!
"I was kinda hoping to be the one to kiss you. Not the other way around." He said turning to me with a smile as I let out a laugh.
"I've kinda been having a hard time trying to figure out if I feel something more with you. And I do."
"Well since we're being honest I've kinda had a crush on you since you came to school. That's why I asked you not to read my mind. It would have been bloody embarrassing if you found out like that."
We both let out a small laugh at that.
"This is certainly a good way to start 16."
"Ash I have a question."
"Shoot."
"Will you let me be your boyfriend? And you my girlfriend?"
I let out a smile.
"Humm yes!" I said with a big smile as he smiles back before pulling me into a kiss.
So I have a boyfriend.
And I've had my first kiss.
All in one night.
Wow.