Jerome (SQUEEEE)

I sniffed around running away from where he just was mere moments ago..I was not going back there..There was nothing left for me there...

Gunshots fired through the night but I kept running knowing he was right on my tail my feet pounded against the ground in sync with my heart hammering.

Panting I weaved in and out of the trees seeing bullets zoom past me one of them ripping through my left ear making me yelp in pain but I just ran faster..

I needed to get out of here really quickly... I saw the black trail and I knew I had to pass it when a bullet dashed past my right paw skimming my claws causing me to clench my teeth.

I ran to the side as he came closer when I saw the bright lights that zoomed past the black path and as soon as it passed

I ran to the other side risking a chance to look behind me seeing him aim right at my chest and pulled the trigger but nothing happened...

I looked at him my eyes widened when he threw the gun onto the black path in frustration and walked off giving up the chase leaving me there alone...

I whimpered tears flowing down my cheeks as I started to cry..He killed them...He killed them both.... A faint glow flashed across the side of the black path I was on but it wasn't like the ones that zoomed by..

It was like fire..I walked towards the light cautiously to see a little human boy running around on fire his eyes glowing pure red as humans chased him.

He was around my age, red t-shirt, black pants a red skulled bone bracelet and flat, brown hair. He had horns on his head and a little tail with a pair of wings..

I laughed as he turned around at the humans and hissed at them causing the cruel humans to run away screaming as he laughed like a maniac falling to the floor rolling around.

He sniffed the air and froze for a second before getting up slowly and looking straight into my eyes his eyes no longer red but one of a mesmerizing brown....

He walked towards me slowly his tail dragging behind him and reached his hand out towards me once in arms reach but I backed away growling until he spoke in Sage.

"It's alright...There gone now they won't hurt you and I promise I won't hurt you either...I swear on the Nether Realms.." He spoke so fluently in Sage yet he swore on the Nether...What was he?

"What are you?" I questioned cautiously causing him to smile..

"I'm a neutral demon from the Nether Realms..." He explained throwing his hands in the air.

I watched amazed as he extinguished his own fire but when he opened his palm the fire in his hand was green..Like the grass..

"Woah...How did you do that?" I asked amazed and he smiled at my astonishment.

"It reflects off my emotions..I'm just curious right now.." He explained.

"So how did you end up here?" I asked him but the way his face fell I could tell it was a touchy subject.

".....Herobrine sent me here told me I could only return to the Nether once I was completely hostile but I want to be peaceful! I can't even burn a human!" The human boy cried and I comforted him..

"It's ok...we're both alone...." I cooed as he cried and he ran into my paws.

I was shocked at first but slowly I wrapped my paws around him smiling..I knew what this was...It was a bear hug without the bear part...So it was a hug...

"I never got to know your name you know." The little boy edged on and I laughed at how curious he was.

"My name's Jerome." I greeted.

"Ok then well hello Jerome, my name is Preston, Preston Blaze Arsement..." He welcomed me.

Yawning he slithered out of my hands and walked to the humans abandoned fireplace where he layed down on the fire and fell asleep in the flames.

I tilted my head confused but just shook it off and walked near the fireplace laying down in a bed of moss dozing off to sleep with my new friend...

Maybe I wasn't alone...