Chapter 4

Everyone was starting to gather in the great hall for the welcome feast. Draco was in very high spirits as he had solved his problems between him and the golden trio. It surprised him how easy it was to get along with them. They had talked about there problems and now was on good terms he wouldn't say first name bases just yet, though he was with Hermione but not the boys he was still happy he no longer had any enemy's. He was also surprised how much scorpius seemed to like Hermione, he'd never been like that with his mother nor himself but scorpius seemed to have found a bond with the witch.

His mother had talked to the professors already and they had agreed to let him have a room to himself away from the dungeons to protect scorpius. As well as have his own table in the hall only a small one but it was better than none.

Draco went to his room as soon as he got to hogwarts to settle scorpius in and unpack all his trunks. He knew sooner or later people were going to and had to find out he had a child so now was the time.

Draco was packing Scorpius bag when snape came into his room. "What are you doing here?" Draco asked. "To see you" was snape reply. Draco just nodded and continued packing the bag while snape picked up scorpius. "He looks just like you" snape said looking between draco and Scorpius. "Who's the mother?" Snape asked. Draco shook his head hoping snape would get the memo and stop talking about it but did point at the parchment that contained the letter, snape picked up the letter and read it then sighed. "Oh Draco.." snape whispered.

Snape gave Scorpius back to draco and left the room to go down to the welcome feast. Draco put scorpius in the carrier and left the room with everything he'd need. As he was walking he noticed some stares from the other students but ignored them.

He got to the doors of the great hall and paused taking a deep breath and then he walked through. When he walked inside everyone's eyes were on him. He just glared around the room and went to sit at his table.

Whispers broke out in the hall about Draco. He ignored them and just fed himself and scorpius. Waiting for the feast to be over. When the feast was over he waited until everyone had left before he left himself, as he was walking out he bumped into Hermione.

"Oh Draco! I wasn't expecting to run into you" Hermione said quickly and then started to mumble on about stuff Draco had no clue on. "Hermione stop your mumbling again" Hermione blushed and looked down. "How's he doing?" She asked after a minute of silence. Draco looked down at a sleeping scorpius and smiled "I think he's doing perfect"
"He's so much like you, I won't be surprised if he gets all the lady's" Draco and Hermione chatted and laughed.

"Wanna come to my room?" "Uh yeah sure" Hermione and Draco went up to dracos room chatting while they went. They got a few looks but with dracos glare they all turned away. They reached Dracos room and walked in. Draco put Scorpius in his cot and turned to look at Hermione who was looking around. "This is a nice room" Hermione said with a smile. "Yeah when you have a child and have money this is what you get" Draco shrugged.

Hermione and Draco stayed in the room for hours just talking , laughing and joking around. "Omg you did not!" Draco laughed tears steaming down his face. "Oh I totally did!" Hermione laughed back. They laughed rolling around he floor when they heard a cry. They just stopped and looked at each other and laughed again as Hermione stood to walk over to scorpius.

Hermione picked scorpius up and he stopped crying instantly. "Hey baby it's okay, your such a cute little bundle arent you? Yea you are!" Hermione talked to scorpius not noticing Draco watching her with a smile on his face.  Scorpius giggled which made Hermione giggle too. 'Wow she's amazing' Draco thought. Hermione looked at Draco a huge grin on her face. "You have got to teach me how to do that" Draco said standing up to walking over to Hermione. Hermione just laughed at Draco and played with scorpius again.

"Hey mione?" "Yea dray?" "I'm going to take a shower will you be okay with him?" Draco asked Hermione as she was feeding scorpius. "Omg I'll be fine! Go shower you dork!" Draco laughed and nodded his head and headed to the shower in his room. He took one last look at the two before closing the door and turning on the shower.

While in the shower Draco had so many thoughts. Why was he feeling this way? How did Hermione and scorp get on so well? Hermione is good looking... wait what was that? Dracos mind went to Hermione. Her smile, her laugh, the way she can light up any room. What was he thinking? Did he like her? Oh no he couldn't... could he?

Draco quickly got out of the shower and dried and got dressed before stepping out into his bedroom he looked around the room and saw Hermione reading scorpius a book while scorpius smiled up at her half asleep. "Hey" Draco whispered. "Hey." Hermione whispered back. "Is he asleep?" "Not yet but almost.. enjoy your shower?" "Uh yeah it was fine" Hermione just smiled as an reply and went back to reading to scorpius. Draco sat down on his back next to Hermione and listened to her read.

A few minutes later scorpius and Draco were both fast asleep. Hermione looked up to talk to Draco and noticed he was sleeping, she put scorp in his cot and tucked him in before walking over to Draco and doing the same, she moved some hair out of his face and kissed his forehead before whispering goodnight and left before curfew.

When she got back to her dorm she quickly showered and put her pyjamas on. She laid in bed thinking about Draco that night and nothing can get rid of the smile that was on her face.