Chapter 23

The following day after the twins were born Hermione and Draco finally went back home, Draco had asked his mother and Molly Weasley to collect some stuff they would need including double furniture, clothing and any thing else a baby would need.

They had a healer come out and check over the twins and make sure they are healthy. As well as check on Hermione, who was still weak from loosing a lot of blood. The healer had said Hermione was to be on bed rest for a week to ensure she would heal properly and gave vials to Draco containing healing potions for Hermione.

Draco was still upset with himself for not getting to Hermione on time or figuring out where she was before. It had been easy to know where she is now and regretted how stupid he'd been to not know. He knew with Hermione on bed rest she wasn't able to care for the twins and he's have to do everything, he'd never actually looked after new borns since he got scorpius when he was 4 months old and wasn't so much a new born as the twins are.

Draco also knew he and Hermione needed to name the twins, but he had not found any names he likes, of course he'd want the twins to have constellation names like himself and scorp but he wasn't sure if Hermione would like that or not, his family had a tradition with naming their children after constellations.

He heard crying coming from the the twins bedroom, they had set up extra wards around the house and outside the bedrooms so nobody could get in apart from Draco and Hermione and anyone they let it.

Draco walked into the room to see both twins crying. He sighed. Already tired from being up all night looking after Hermione. He picked up his daughter and then his son and decided to go see Hermione. The twins were quite small, but was a healthy weight, that made it easy for him to hold both at the same time.

He entered the room to see Hermione and scorpius both cuddled together talking. He stood there watching for a few second before going over and sitting on the bed.

"How are they?" Hermione asked taking her son from Draco. "There good, the healer checked them over and then left some vials for you, not much really" he shrugged and watched how scorpius was looking at the twins with a amusing look.

"Dada can I hold?" Scorpius looked up at his father. Draco smiled a sad smile "sorry scorp maybe when they are a little bigger" Scorpius frowned but didn't complain about not getting his own way.

"We haven't chosen names" Hermione broke the silence. Draco looked at her then down to his children. " what do you want to name them?" He asked.

"Well I know your family have a tradition for naming their children after a constellation so why don't we do that?" Draco smiled at her and nodded. "Yeah I was thinking that, I always thought after scorp I would name my second son Orion, it's known for being the brightest constellation in the sky"

Hermione nodded, "that's a nice name he really is the brightest little guy, what about for a girl?"

Draco looked at his daughter, "how about Ophelia?" Hermione looked at Draco "what does that name mean?"

"Well I was looking at her and thought the name would work great, the name Ophelia is the name of a tiny moon and she's tiny herself I thought it would be great and then both there names will begin with the same letter" he laughed at that.

Hermione laughed "okay then we got there names Orion Malfoy and Ophelia Malfoy, what about middle names?"

"Wait you want there last name to be malfoy?"

"Well... yeah it makes more sense" she shrugged and looked down at her son.

"Okay then" he decided to forget what she said, he was going to propose at Christmas and wondered if she knew? She couldn't know... could she?

"You know neither of them had opened their eyes yet we have yet to see if they have your eyes or not" hermione spoke softly. At that moment her son opened his eyes and she saw he had the familiar silvery eyes her spouse had and then noticed his other eye was a different colour? "Oh merlin he's got Heterochromia" upon hearing this draco looked over and saw that indeed his son had two different colour eyes one a silvery grey like his and the other a sweet chocolate brown like hermione.

"What about her?"

Draft looked down at his daughter who also had her eyes open and saw the a completely different eye colour not grey nor brown but a bright green with a tint of blue in both. "Green?" Draco said confused "how's that happen?"

Hermione shrugged not knowing how and played with her son in her arms until he fell back asleep.

"There perfect..." draco whispered. Hermione smiled "our family is complete" draco looked at her with a smirk.

"Oh don't even think about it, I am done! If you don't start wearing some sort of protection or don't use a spell before hand, I swear sex is off the table!" Hermione spoke to him as he laughed "fine fine"