Chapter 6

Winter break was coming up, narcissa was excited to see her son and grandson again. Lucius was non-caring as always. Draco was happy about going home but sad he won't be around Hermione who had been a big help over the pass few months since school started. He couldn't wait to see him mother again and celebrate Christmas with her.

Hermione was happy she was going home to the burrow along with Harry and Ron. She would miss scorpius and Draco but she's see them in January. She didn't know where her parents were so she'd be alone for Christmas again.

Harry was going to his new home at the burrow. His aunt and uncle and cousin had nothing on him now they was no longer the guardian of him the Weasleys were. He was surprised he had a good year this time with no problems or people trying to kill him instead made friends with his enemy of 6 years.

Ron same as every year was going home to the burrow along with ginny, Harry, Hermione. His whole family was going to be there including Charlie and bill.

Scorpius was almost 9 months old. He was crawling, rolling, even starting to stand. He had his first tooth which everyone laughs at because it's the only one In his empty mouth. He said his first word...

******* flash back *******

Hermione, Draco, Harry and Ron were sitting it dracos room hanging out.

"Hey scorps" Draco called out to his son who was rolling around on the rug. Scorpius looked up and smiled at his dad before rolling onto his stomach and crawled to Draco.

Everyone watched as scorpius held onto dracos legs and pulled himself up. He held his arms out for Draco to pick him up, so that's what Draco did. Draco bounced scorpius while chatting to Hermione. When scorpius giggled and looked at Hermione.

"Hey little guy" Hermione said taking scorpius into her arms. Scorpius giggled and hugged Hermione before doing something nobody thought would have happened. "Ma-ma"
Everyone looked at scorpius shocked. "Ma-ma" he said again. "Did he just-" Harry asked still shocked at what had just happened.

Nobody replied.

Scorpius giggled again and hugged Hermione before repeating the words over "mama...mama...mama"

Hermione looked at Draco who had tears falling down his face. "Oh Draco-" "don't" Draco replied before standing and walking out of the room.

Draco stood outside the room and heared Hermione voice he decided to listen to what she was saying.

"Oh scorpy... what are we going to do" Hermione started looking at scorpius who was looking up at her smiling.

"Scorpius I know your going to have no clue what I'm saying but you have to hear this... your father- he is the most amazing person I've ever met, okay he use to be a pain in the bottom, but we managed to sort that out didn't we..." Hermione explained bopping scorpius on the nose before continuing " your daddy had no idea you were in this world until your mommy dropped you off to him... you see I'm not your mommy, so I will never have the same love your mother would have had but I love you little guy, your the cutest little bundle I've ever met, and I love the daddy too he is the most thoughtful person around. A tear fell from her eye.

"If you ever meet your mom scorp just know she never meant to abandon you she's just not ready yet." She finished. Scorpius looked at her with a sad face and wiped her tear. When her tear touched his finger it glowed just as Draco walked back Into the room. "Draco-" "I know it happened to me" Hermione just nodded. Harry and Ron just sat watching the scene before them.

*** flashback ended ***

Other stuff happened but that isn't had important right now.

Most importantly scorpius was going to miss Hermione, the one person who had been like a mother to him you could say she was the mother but everyone knew it wasn't possible. She just had a strong connection to him.

Ever since that day, Draco and Hermione have been closer than before , scorpius has been attached to Hermione and only she would know how to make him sleep or stop whining. Scorpius had not quite been able to say 'dada' yet but he was so close, Draco and Hermione along with Harry and Ron have been helping scorpius learn new words and how to walk.

They'd all agreed that they would do everything in their power and will to protect and teach that child how to love this world and appreciate the goods and bad that comes from it.