Episode 1

OCEANIC #SEASON1
Episode 1 [A Dangerous Situation]
🌊 🌊 🌊 🌊 🌊
Written By Johnny Patel
Please like before reading 🙏 🙏
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
(California, USA)
(At St John's Hospital, In a patient's ward)
[Machines beeping]

Dr Mark: The results?

Nurse Daisy: Blood pressure normal, Heart rate normal, breathing normal, pulse normal... 

(The patient suddenly opens her eyes widely with a gasp)

Nurse Daisy: She's awake

(Later)
(In the waiting room)

Mrs Carter: (running into the waiting room in a tensed state) Doctor! Doctor Mark! I got your message, What happened? How is my daughter? Is she okay? What's wrong with her?

Dr Mark: Ma'am... (he smiles as Mrs Carter stares at him with a worried expression)

Mrs Carter: (worriedly) Huh...

Dr Mark: Your daughter has finally awoken from her one-month coma

(Mrs Carter collapses on the floor on hearing the joyous news)

Mrs Carter: (excited) Oh my God, Thank goodness! Thank goodness! (a tear runs down her cheek)

Dr Mark: She woke up early this morning

Mrs Carter: (tearfully) Thank you so much Doctor Mark! Please can I go in and see her? I need to see my daughter please

Dr Mark: I'm afraid not ma'am. For now, She's going to need all the rest that she can get. Excuse me.

(Mrs Carter looks on relieved as she watches Dr Mark exit the waiting room)

(Few Days Afterwards)
(At St John's Hospital; Bella is discharged)

Mrs Carter: Thank you so much for all you've done, Doctor. We're indeed grateful

Dr Mark: I'm just doing my job ma'am. I've written out some prescriptions for Bella to get at a pharmacy, It's to help her cope with her water allergy. Even though it can't be cured, It still can be managed.

Mrs Carter: Got it. Thank you once again, Doctor

Dr Mark: My pleasure ma'am

(A WEEK LATER)
(The Carter's Residence)

Bella: Good morning Mom

(Bella walks towards her mother and pecks her cheek)

Mrs Carter: Morning honey, How was your night? Did you sleep well?

Bella: Like a newborn (she chuckles)

Mrs Carter: Mm-hmm (sighs) I'm really sorry you couldn't enjoy your one-month semester holiday due to the fact that you went into a coma all because of your severe water allergy

Bella: I'll be alright, Mom.

Mrs Carter: I promise, I'm going to make it up to you okay?

Bella: That's alright. On the bright side, Only 1% of the entire world's population have aquagenic urticaria... I must be really lucky then

Mrs Carter: But not in a good way

Bella: (sadly) I know

Mrs Carter: You're going to have to be extra careful from now on, No matter what, You mustn't let any form of water come in contact with your skin

Bella: (nodding) Okay

Mrs Carter: I love you honey

Bella: I love you too, Mom.

(Mrs Carter gets up from the couch)

Mrs Carter: I need to head down to the pharmacy to get the pills Dr Mark prescribed for you

Bella: Don't worry, I can go get them.

Mrs Carter: No no, You just got discharged from the hospital. I don't want you to he stressed and besides, Dr Mark said you're going to need all the rest you can get so you can recover fully.

Bella: Mom, It's fine. I can go get the pills myself, I just have an allergy, I'm not handicapped (she smiles as she takes the credit card from her Mom) I'll go get them.

Mrs Carter: Be careful honey...

Bella: Sure (she leaves the house)

(Later that morning)
(At Perfect Health Pharmacy)

Bella: (she walks into the pharmacy and looks around) Hello.

Pharmacist: (bored) Good morning, Welcome to Perfect Health pharmacy. What do you want to purchase?

Bella: Uhh, Some allergy pills. They were, You know, prescribed by my doctor.

Pharmacist: Whatever.

(She collects the note from Bella then reads the prescriptions and goes to fetch the drugs from the rack then returns back to counter)

Pharmacist: (chewing her gum noisily)  That'll be $100 dollars and 95 cents.

(Suddenly, Bella hears loud thunderclaps then she looks out and sees the dark clouds)

Bella: Is it supposed to rain this morning?

Pharmacist: (rudely) Do I look like a meteorologist?

Bella: You don't have to be so rude

Pharmacist: Whatever. Are you paying with cash or card?

(Bella hands the pharmacist the credit card, She collects it and carries out the transactions then returns the card back to her)

Bella: (worriedly) I need to get out of here quickly and find somewhere safe before the rain starts

Pharmacist: What's the matter? You afraid of the rain or somethin'?

Bella: You wouldn't understand

Pharmacist: Whatever. (she packages the drugs & hands it to Bella)

Bella: Thanks.

(As Bella walks out of the pharmacy, Little rain drops immediately begin to fall from the sky and Bella looks up in severe fear and panic)

Bella: Oh sh!t...

(She swiftly covers her self with her bag and hides beneath a small roof)

Bella: Oh no, No no no! Why didn't I come with an umbrella? (she unrolls her sleeves so that they fully cover her arms then she covers her face and neck with a plastic bag) Oh God, Why today?!

(Her phone starts to ring & she takes it out of her pocket to check who's calling - It's her Mom)

Bella: Uhh, Not now Mom... (she cuts the call)

(Back at the Carter's Residence)

Mrs Carter: (bothered) Bella, Why aren't you answering? (she calls Bella once again but all to no avail) God, This can't be happening!

(Mrs Carter instantly grabs her car keys and an umbrella then runs out of the house, gets into her car and speedily drives out)

(Meanwhile)
(The rain begins to fall heavily, causing numerous puddles to form on the roads with cars splashing heavy amounts of water to different directions as they pass by and a desperate Bella looks around in panic as she ponders ways to protect herself)

TO BE CONTINUED

© Johnny Patel

Pls guys, Comment something other than "Next or Next please" because it is not encouraging.