Patient Zero

Idol:Haechan
Group:NCT
Genre: Slight Fluff/Angst/Sad

Idol:HaechanGroup:NCTGenre: Slight Fluff/Angst/Sad

You had leukemia stage 2. You are currently at the hospital when the doctor told you. When you found out, you wanted to cry. The doctors had transferred you to this specific hospital for people who disease need to be on 24 watch.

When you arrived there, you seen that people had roommates. They had roommates so they wouldn't get bored. Some people  roommates were divided by glass because of their disease they had, such as highly contagious diseases. We get to have our phones I guess that's the good part, but who gonna think about a phone when your life is on the line.

The doctor took you to your room, but you see someone else in there.

"Who's that?" You said pointing at the window.

"His name Lee Dong-hyuck but goes by Haechan. He been here for three weeks due to his Diphtheria. It's a rare disease and it's airborne so that's why he's blocked off by glass." The door start beeping and it opened.

You walked in to see the guy sleeping. You got settled in and layed in your bed. The only thing you were thinking was 'will I survive?' 'Will I get cured?' 'I'm gonna die soon!'

You were in the middle of your thoughts til Haechan started coughing.

"Are you okay? Should I get help?" You said panicking

"No it's ok, it's normal." He said. He got up but his legs were shaking, looking like his legs were gonna give out. He sat by the glass looking at me.

"What's your name?"

"Y/N.The doctor said you have dip- I don't pronounce it."

Haechan laughed with a slight cough at the end.

"It's ok. Most people can't pronounce it, but it's a rare disease so most likely you didn't hear about it."

"Tell me about it." I walked to the glass sitting across from him.

"Well as you can hear how I talk, I have a sore throat. I have an infection in my nose and throat that makes it hard for me to breathe. I have muscle weakness, fever, difficulty breathing and rashes."

"I heard it can spread easily through air."

"Yea it can, But it only can spread by me coughing or sneezing. It can also spread by saliva. What do you have?"

"I have leukemia. I'm at stage two. The doctors trying all they could to get me better. I don't wanna die." I put my back against the glass.

"Y/N I get where you're coming from. I'm pretty sure everybody don't want to die at some point in their lives, but look. We are on this world to have a good time, not to live a long time. There are people younger than us who died. There are babies who haven't had an experience on this planet, but at least you did. We're gonna have to die anyway, why be scared." Haechan said rubbing the glass as if it was your back.

When he said that, it spoke to you. You did have many experiences. You did indeed travel a lot, been places and seen many faces.

"Now that I think about it, you're right."

"And not only that. You shouldn't focus on dying. Be glad that you actually lived for some time." I looked back at Haechan and smiled at him.

Week 2

A few days I started to lose most of my hair. That's when the doctor said I hit stage 3 and you have 2 weeks to live.

"So what happened?"

"I have 2 weeks to live." You said quietly, but thing was that Haechan was dying too. They couldn't find the vaccine for him in time, so the virus spread throughout his body.

"Hey Y/N. Since we're both gonna die soon, how about we have skin to skin contact." He put his hand on the glass window.

"I wouldn't mind." He opened the glass door for me. You walked to his side and the first thing that Haechan did was hug me. You hugged him too. You hugged tighter when he said...

"I haven't touched another person for awhile." Yall stayed there at least 30-45 minutes.

Week 4

It was the day for you and Haechan to leave. Both of y'all were in your room laying in hospital bed with a heart monitor.

"At least we don't have to live in pain and suffering." Haechan said as he held his hand out. You grabbed his hand.

"I'll see you again Haechan." You said weakly as your arm went stiff, then your heart monitor went flatlined. A few minutes later, Haechan heart monitor  went flatline. You an Haechan died together while holding each other's hands.