Arcade - Mingi (fluff)

✏︎ARCADE:

"Come on.." I hiss aggressively at the machine in front of me. My hands moving the joystick at an incredible speed and yet..

"YOUU LOSE!" The old machine screams at my face that was now crimson red.

"Ugh!! This is literally bullying !! You've taken over twenty dollars from me !!" I say almost about to kick it when I hear a snickering behind me. I turn around to, well a torso, I had to look way up to actually find his face. His cute laughing expression did not match his tall figure, and it matches even less my previous impression of him. That was Song Mingi from my class. He never really smiled or said anything, besides just sitting in the back of the class waiting for the day to be over. If anything, I was always scared of him. So seeing him like that gave me a little bit of a shock.

"Why are you so angry? This level is easy~" He says still with a huge smile, laughing, his eyes disappearing into crescents. God, his smile was infectious.

"What's so funny?" His smile calms down and he comes closer. I get out of his way as he puts two quarters into the machine. Not even a minute later, he's done with level I've been struggling with for about thirty minutes. He turns around and smiles at me.

"It's not that hard." I squint at him suspicious.

"I don't know wether to be impressed or.. very fucking annoyed."

"I'll teach you." He smiles down at me, and I realized, that there was just something really sweet and comforting about Song Mingi.

✂︎-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At first, I would meet Mingi at the arcade after school, for a good week. Then he started waiting for me at the school's gates so we could walk there and even get ice cream before. Before I knew it, I was spending a whole lot of my free time with Mingi. I learned that he's not as scary as I thought, if anything he's the complete opposite. He's really smart in math but outside of the classroom it's another story. Airhead is an understatement, and clumsy could be his middle name, I wouldn't be surprised. The smiling giant was really hard not to love.

I start walking out of the main hall when I see a head stick out of the crowd at the gates. The moment his eyes lay on me, his face brightens and he starts smiling waving his lanky arm in the air.

"Y/N !!!" I run to him with a huge smile on my face and we start walking to the convenient store to get hot buns this time, as it was getting colder outside. I walk up to the old lady as he looks around curiously like always.

"I think it's adorable that the girl pays for her boyfriend." She says as she pulls up the total on a small screen.

"He just forgot his wall—" I stop and look up with huge eyes. "Hum, he's not my boyfriend." I laugh awkwardly.

"Really? You guys have been coming here almost everyday for the past two or three months, I thought you were dating, I'm sorry." She smiles. "However, I can tell you that by the way he looks at you.." She moves her head towards Mingi who was standing by the magazines. He's staring at me with a small dumb smile, but tries to play it off by looking up and scratching his head. I scoff at the cute moment and turn back to the lady who gives me a 'I told you so' look.

"That doesn't mean anything."

"Do you want it to mean something?"

"What?"

"Do you like him?"

"Do I—" I scoff and end up choking. I look up and she's just staring at me squinting her eyes. I couldn't fucking fool her. "Yeah I do, like.. a lot.."

"Then let him know. He's such a pure kid, there's no way he would reject you."

"I don't know how to take that but thanks. Here's what I owe you." I hand her the money.

"It's on the house~" She says sweetly. "But promise me to admit your feelings."

"It's only $5.."

"Do it."

"Fiiine.." I join Mingi and we get out after he said a really loud 'bye' to the lady.

"What did you get?"

"Hot buns, do you want sweet or salty?"

"I'll take the meat one." I give him the bun he wants and I take the red bean one. We walk in silence on our way to the arcade but my brain is making a huge amount of noise. "It's nice and calm right now." He says braking the noises in my head.

"I guess.."

"Are you ok?"

"I don't know. Do you like me?" I say out of the blue surprising myself more than anyone here. He just looks at me with a confused look that is soon replaced with his crescent eye smile.

"Of course I like you Y/N."

"Not like that.. like.. Like me, like me." He loses his smile and leans in to peck the corner of my mouth.

"Of course I like you, like you Y/N." My cheek burn up and I know that my cheeks are bright red now. He smiles lightly and takes me in his arms. "How could I not."

"I guess I'm ok then~" I say hugging him back. Once he let's go of me, he takes my hand in his.

"You guys are together !? Final-fucking-ly !!" We turn around to see the owner of the arcade at the door with a huge smile.

"Yah ! Why are you peeping that's weird !" I yell at him and he just laughs it off. All in all, I'm glad that I'm not good at video games, or I would have never met that giant smiling airhead, Song Mingi.