C H A P T E R 22

° ° °

Jimin glanced at Lisa from the rearview mirror and saw her staring blankly outside the window.

It's been thirty minutes since they arrived at her brother's mansion, but she hasn't moved an inch. She's still sitting there on the backseat like she's contemplating whether to go out or not.

It's so not like her.

Feeling like he has to do something, Jimin cleared his throat and asked. "Aren't you gonna go and visit your brother, Miss Sin?"

Lisa answered him absentmindedly. "I don't even think I can step a single foot inside that mansion." she said, not taking away her gaze from the view outside the window.

A frown was visible on Jimin's forehead after hearing her answer. "Why is that? It's your brother's mansion, Miss Sin. Of course, you could go inside."

Again, Lisa answered him flatly. "It's not only my brother's mansion anymore, Jimin. He's living with his fiancée now. And once they're married, it will be hers too."

"But why do you sound so down, Miss Sin?" he asked, and this time he was finally able to make her look at him.

Lisa stared at him like she wants to say something. But in the end, she shook her head. "Ugh, nevermind." she muttered before putting her sunglasses on. "Whatever happens today..." she drawled and bit her lower lip. "happens today."

After that, she left the car without even informing her bodyguard.

Jimin's gaze followed Lisa's leaving figure from the window and sighed.

"Aish, I hope that she won't get into a fight again with Miss Kim." he mumbled to himself when he saw that Lisa entered the mansion doors.

Meanwhile, Jennie wasn't aware of what was happening outside. She was innocently rearranging the flowers on a vase.

Taehyung gave her a rest day today because he saw how exhausted she was from their training yesterday. And he even left her a note on her bedside table this morning when she woke up that says;

Something urgent came up in the company. I know that I'm not supposed to leave but I'll be home as soon as I'm done with handling the problem. Also, I already informed Nari to postpone your training today. I know how tired you are from yesterday's training, so spend your entire day by resting. Have a good morning.

-T.

And after she read his note, she literally went back to sleep again. That's why it was already afternoon when she left her bed. And for her, it was a good morning indeed.

So now that she doesn't have anything else to do, she decided to kill time by rearranging the flowers.

Glancing at the wall clock on her right, she pouted when she saw that it was only 1 pm.

I'm bored.

But what can she do? She can't go anywhere because Taehyung strictly told her that it was dangerous to go outside.

Her cat eyes quickly went to the maid who suddenly walked in.

"What is it, Jia?" she asked, continuing what she was doing.

The maid bowed to her first before answering politely. "You have a visitor, Miss Kim."

"Who?"