C H A P T E R 30

° ° °

"You still have a couple of hours to rest before your surgery. As usual, you can't eat anything until then. Is that clear, Areum-ssi?"

The teenage girl lying on the hospital bed obediently nodded. "Yes, Dr. Sin."

Jisoo handed the patient's file to a nurse. "Good. So as planned, I'll be doing your surgery together with Mr. Lee. He's a very skilled cardiologist, so you don't have to worry. Your heart will be as good as new once you walked out of the operation room."

Areum bowed her head. "Thank you, Dr. Sin."

Jisoo softly stroked Areum's hair and replied. "You don't have to thank me, Areum. Just promise me that after this surgery, you'll live happily."

"I will, I promise."

After instructing the nurses to keep an eye on Areum 'till surgery, Jisoo left the room and went to her office to have some rest.

She only slept for two hours because she got paged to do an urgent operation in the middle of dawn. The harsh life of a doctor.

Stepping inside the elevator, she pressed the number of the floor where her office is located.

Since she was alone, she fetched out her antique pocket watch to amuse herself.

It became a habit of hers. Playing with the pocket watch whenever she wants to distract herself from getting bored.

It's a very special pocket watch. Even though she doesn't have any idea who gave this to her, she knows how much this pocket watch costs.

Patek Philippe made this pocket watch in 1932 which is now very rare. And very expensive at that. So for someone to give this to her anonymously was very creepy if you think about it.

What if her secret sender turns out to be a very wealthy psycho stalker? God that'll be traumatizing.

But since this anonymous person hasn't done anything to harm her or scare her, she's accepting everything she or he gives her with appreciation.

Who knows? Maybe it's just an old acquaintance who happens to have a crush on her but is too shy to confront her.

She continued admiring the pocket watch despite hearing the elevator dinged.

When the elevator doors opened, she saw a glimpse of a man's leather shoes making her raise her head and look at the man face to face.

When their eyes locked with each other's, it seemed like one of those cliché scenes that would often happen in movies.

Their gazes were familiar with each other. Very familiar, in fact.

The two of them were both caught off guard. It can be seen in their eyes.

Which is normal if you happen to encounter your ex after years of not seeing each other.

Kim Seokjin cleared his throat before stepping inside the elevator.

This, however, made Jisoo flustered.

She contemplated whether or not she should step out and leave. But because she didn't want to look awkward, she just stood in her spot very still.

Although she keeps on asking herself, what on earth is he doing here?

She watched in horror as the elevator doors closed before her. Leaving the two of them alone.

Seokjin bowed his head. "Dr. Sin," he greeted, although he didn't look at her.

She forced a smile and didn't glance at him either. "Mr. Kim,"