C H A P T E R 13

° ° °

"Where's my mother?"

The maids halted on their spots before turning their heads to Lisa.

Helene—the head of the household, was the one who answered. "Madam Chaerin is in the library, young miss."

Lisa didn't even throw them a glance and just walked past them like they were just a bunch of trees.

The maids were quite taken aback by this. 

Lisa has always been polite towards them. She would always greet them back and give them her bright smile. So where is this dark aura coming from?

The maids started whispering to each other when Lisa was out of sight.

"Young miss seems to be very upset. Did something happen?"

"She looks scary when she's angry. I got chills when she walked past me."

"Who knew that young miss could be that intimidating?"

"I wonder what could have happened for her to be so upset."

Helene clapped her hands to catch the maids' attention. "Everyone, please continue your work."

The maids immediately stopped talking and went back to cleaning—not wanting to get scolded by Miss Helene.

Meanwhile, as Lisa made her way to the library, all of her anger was slowly building up inside of her. She didn't even notice that she was gritting her teeth the whole time!

She's just too anxious to talk to her mother. She better have a good explanation why she did what she did.

When Lisa finally reached the said room, she went straight inside without even bothering to knock.

Her eyes immediately landed on her mother who was reading a book on her desk.

She took a deep breath before clearing her throat. "Mom."

Miss Chaerin looked up and smiled at her. "Oh, hi sweetie."

Lisa's gaze became firm. "Taehyung was shot."

Her mother closed the book in her hands before responding in a calm tone. "I know."

Irritation filled her.

Miss Chaerin looked very calm and at ease for a mother who just got her son shot. It's like she doesn't care at all.

Compared to Lisa who's like a ticking time bomb that can explode any minute now.

"You knew and yet you didn't tell me?" she asked, trying to remain calm.

Miss Chaerin rose up from her chair before walking towards the shelves. "I was busy." she said before returning the book to its original place.

She scoffed. "Busy? Is that why Jimin told me that you ordered him not to tell me?"

Miss Chaerin fell silent.

She started walking towards her mother. "Why?" she asked in gritted teeth. "Why would you order him to do that, mom?"

Again, Miss Chaerin didn't speak.

Lisa gripped her mother's arms. "Answer me, mom!"

Miss Chaerin gently pushed her away. "No."

She looked at her mother in disbelief. "Are you really not gonna tell me the truth?"

"There's nothing for you to know, Lalisa." Miss Chaerin said with finality.

Lisa's hands clenched into fists. "My brother just got shot," she muttered before finally exploding. "your son just got freaking shot!"