C H A P T E R 37

° ° °

Seokjin quietly approached Jisoo's side and held her wrist that has been rubbing her forehead nonstop.

"That's enough, your forehead is getting red."

Jisoo finally raised her head. But as their gazes met, her eyes were lifeless, as was her entire face.

Despite this, he still couldn't help but stare at her in awe.

With her drooping intoxicated stare and scarlet flushed cheeks, she looks stunning. How can someone look so breathtaking while they're drunk?

Once he realizes they'd been staring at each other for a while, he avoided her gaze before clearing his throat.

"I'll drive you home."

Jisoo, on the other hand, did not take her eyes away from him. This continued for the following 20 seconds. No one was opening their mouths, there was only silence.

Seokjin gulped when he couldn't take her stares anymore. "I said I'll take you home."

This time, Jisoo finally spoke. "No, thanks. I'll walk on my own." she grabbed her Mini Lady Dior bag before standing up and walking past him.

Seokjin huffed before following her. He knew that she can feel him following her, but it's a good thing she didn't push him away like he expected.

Even until they reached the club's exit, he continued following her. But when they reached the side of the road where she can hail a cab, Jisoo halts.

Seokjin paused as well and waited for her next move.

But he didn't expect her to turn around and face him. They were only about five feet apart. And Seokjin was scared she would hear his heartbeat hammering loudly in his chest.

"Are you going to ride with me?" Jisoo asked him.

"H-huh?" he ended up asking like a moron.

"You have a car, right?" she questioned, earning a nod from him. "You're not going to leave your car just so you could follow me, right?"

Actually, he's more than willing to. But it's not like he could tell her that without being punched in the face.

"I can just come back tomorrow to get it." he replied.

"Don't bother." Jisoo turned her back on him. "I can manage." but just as she was about to take her first step, she happen to stumble on a small rock.

"Shít." Seokjin ran to her in a heartbeat. "Are you okay?" he held her shoulders to help her stand up properly.

"Let go of me." Jisoo said in a low tone.

Seokjin didn't hear this. "What?"

Gritting her teeth, she pushed him away. "I said let go!"

Seokjin hissed when she hit the part of his arm that got shot by Kang Seulgi a few nights ago.

Noticing this, Jisoo's eyebrows furrowed. "I didn't even pushed you that hard."

Forcing a smile, Seokjin tried to ease the throbbing pain on his arm. "I'm just kidding."

Her gaze changed menacingly. "Not funny."

"Sorry," he apologized.

"Look, I don't know why you're acting like this. You don't have to pretend to be nice anymore. It's just us. I won't tell anyone about our past just like you want, if that's what you're worried about. So, leave me—"

"What do you mean 'just like I want'?" he cuts her off.

"Oh, please. Let's cut the bullshit. I'm not dumb, Mr. Kim. The way you look at me in front of everyone is enough for me to understand that I should know my place." she says angrily.