C H A P T E R 11

S E O U L ,  S O U T H  K O R E A

BREAKING NEWS: "Duho Sin's fourth son—Taehyung Sin, was shot while having a lunch meeting with a business partner yesterday. He is currently admitted to Asian Medical Center, where his father is also admitted from his accident three weeks ago. The said business partner which also happens to be the only witness, didn't want to reveal his/her identity to the media and declined from saying a statement. Police are still trying to investigate how and why did this incident happen. For more updates, stay tuned."

Jisoo pressed the power button on the remote control, turning off the TV screen. She then turns around to look at her unconscious cousin on the hospital bed. She sighed.

First, her uncle had an accident. Now Taehyung was shot. What's next? Another one of her cousins being murdered?

"Your family's messed up, do you know that?"

She turns to the young woman standing beside her. Her cousin's fiancée—Kim Jennie. They met yesterday after Taehyung's operation.

Jisoo was the one who suggested to hide Jennie's identity from the media for her own safety. Because once they reveal to the public that she is Taehyung Sin's fiancée, her life would also be in danger.

So she thought of the idea of hiding Jennie's identity as Taehyung's business partner.

"How are you feeling?" she asked her instead.

Jennie heavies a sigh without taking her gaze away from Taehyung. "Fine, I guess." she answered. "I mean my fiancé was shot right in front of me, so... yeah. Totally fine." and then she rolled her eyes in sarcasm.

Jisoo patted her back as a sign of comfort. "Sorry if you have to witness that. I know that must've been traumatizing for you."

The girl sighed for the second time as she shakes her head. "I just don't understand why would anyone do this to Taehyung. I'm aware that his father is a mafia Don, but he's innocent. He's not like his father."

"But he's a Sin." Jisoo pointed. "Whether he's innocent or not, it doesn't matter. Our family is a threat to everyone, Jennie. We have so many enemies around the world that are itching to kill every one last member of our family... and Taehyung is not an exemption to that."

"But that's not fair." Jennie voiced out.

She gave her a tight-lipped smile. "Nothing is ever fair in this cruel society. And you should get used to it. Because you're gonna be a part of this family soon."

"Yeah, I know." Jennie agreed. "My brother will flip once he finds out that I'm gonna get married."

Jisoo tilts her head. "Oh, you have a brother?"

She nodded. "Yes, he's Kim Seok—"

The door suddenly flew open making the two of them snap their heads in its direction.

And there stood, a very very tall and handsome man.

"Namjoon," Jisoo called out her cousin with a frown. "where the hell have you been for the past few weeks?!"

The gorgeous man rolled his eyes at Jisoo's rant. "Just here and there." he closed the door behind him using his foot. "I heard about what happened to my brother." he saunter towards them. "Who do you think would get admitted to your hospital next, Soo?"