C H A P T E R 32

° ° °

It wasn't that long until Jungkook's parents came.

Finally, their mothers reunited at last.

Sandara ran to hug her old friend the minute she saw her. "I was starting to think that you weren't planning on coming back. You really scared me, Chaerin Sin."

Chaerin laughs before hugging her back. "It's been a while, Dara Jeon."

They grinned as they release each other. One thing's for sure. Nothing changed between their friendship despite not seeing each other for a long time.

Dara's husband also smiled at Chaerin. "It's good to see you again, Chaerin."

"Likewise, Jiyong." she replied back.

"We heard about what happened to your husband and son," he told her. "how are they?"

"Oh, yeah. Are they both okay?" Dara also can't help but ask worriedly.

Chaerin nods. "Yeah, Taehyung took a time off from work. Jisoo wants his gunshot wounds to be completely healed before he can come back to work. As for Duho—"

"I'm still breathing, unfortunately for everyone."

Duho arrived in a wheelchair, pushed by Lisa. She welcomed Jungkook's parents with a bow.

"Thank you for coming, Mr. and Mrs. Jeon."

"Oh, sweetheart. No need to use such honorifics. We'll be a family soon. You can even start calling us 'Mom' and 'Dad' if you'd like." Dara urged her.

Duho mustered up a flat face. "Like I'd permit that."

"No one was asking for your opinion." Dara abruptly silenced him before approaching Lisa. "I am so happy to finally meet you, dear. I couldn't even sleep last night because I was too excited to come here."

"That's true." Jiyong testified.

"I'm just as thrilled as you are, auntie Dara." Lisa replied, chuckling. "I've always wondered what it would be like to meet Jeon's parents."

"Speaking about my son, can you tell me more about your relationship? I'm thirsting for some tea here."

"There's a lot of tea in the kitchen, mom."

They all turned to look at Jungkook who just finished changing. He gave his mother a peck on the cheek, while he and his father patted each other's backs as a greeting. After that, he addressed Lisa's parents.

He bowed. "Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Sin."

Chaerin's lips are engraved with a warm grin as she looks at Jungkook. "We haven't formally met yet, right?"

Jungkook nod his head. "Yes, Mrs. Sin. I'm afraid we haven't."

Lisa narrowed her eyes at her mother. Mouthing the words 'don't mention Melbourne'.

Chaerin understood and returned her gaze to Jungkook. "Well, we're no strangers to each other. So, no need to be so formal. After all, you already proposed to my daughter without any of us knowing."

Duho rolled his eyes. "Don't I have a say on this?"

"Nope, don't even think about it." Chaerin stated.

Everyone laughed except for Duho.

"About that, I'm very curious how my son proposed to Lisa." Dara mentioned. "Is it possible to tell us everything? With the details and all that?"

Kook sighed. "Mom, we'll tell you everything you want to know after Lisa's brothers are here. Be patient."

Dara pursed her lips. "Fine,"