C H A P T E R 38

° ° °

Three days have passed since Rosé left. And in those moments, Jimin didn't have the courage to leave his apartment because he was scared that her scent that surrounded it would start to fade.

He would've locked himself up longer if it weren't for Lisa, who called him earlier, ranting about why her best friend suddenly emailed a resignation letter to her mother, asking him what happened. Jimin couldn't answer her, of course.

Thus, he decided to pay his father a visit.

"Mr. Park," his father's secretary said in surprise upon seeing him. "What brings you here?"

Jimin fixed his gaze on the office doors. "Is he inside?"

The secretary nodded, her face still in disbelief. "Yes."

He didn't say anything else and walked in without knocking.

Hearing the door open, the chairman paused on reading a document and raised his head.

"Knock before you enter first—" he wasn't able to continue his sentence when he saw his son enter.

Jimin closed the door behind him and went towards his father with a blank expression.

"Son," the chairman was stunned. "I didn't know you were coming."

He came to a halt not far from his father's desk. "I need to talk to you."

The old man scanned him from head to toe. "Yeah, I can tell that. Seeing as how you came here by your own will must mean you need me for something very important."

Jimin doesn't usually go there. He would only visit their company headquarters if his father summoned him. This is why his sudden appearance is such a shock for everyone.

"I need you to help me keep an eye someone." he told him straight up.

His father raised an eyebrow. "Who? Miss Sin?"

The young man was unable to respond promptly. Because he already knew what his father would say to him.

He cleared his throat. "A friend of Miss Sin."

The chairman smirked at this. "How brazen of you to ask me such request. What do you think we're running here, son? A goddamn babysitting services?"

"I swear I'll never ask you for anything else again. This is my first and final request to you."

Placing down the documents in his hand, Park Hyunsoo leans back on his swivel chair.

"And now you're using that card?" his father asked with a smug face. "It's not my fault you never asked me for anything because you already had everything you wanted since you were born. I worked hard to give you a luxurious life, and yet, this is how you repay me."

Jimin took a deep breath. "The things you gave," he paused. "I didn't need."

Mr. Park scoffed. "Should I be happy for your honesty?"

"But that doesn't mean I'm not grateful for all the things you've done. At the very least, I'm thankful that you raised me well." Jimin added.

"It's true that I raised you well." his father crossed his arms. "But that won't persuade me into helping you."

"I just need some men from our agency to guard this person until I'm done helping Miss Sin with her family's mess. That's all I'm asking for." Jimin explained.

However, this did not appear to sway Mr. Park's judgment. "Correction, it's not our agency since you refused to inherit it. Therefore, you have no right to demand such things. You're just a bodyguard."