Seen Through the Eyes of Goodwill

Chapter- 1

There are always moments in everyone's lives where you just stop, look up at the light blue sky, and remember that one single memory of when you had been the happiest person in the world. These could be memories like going for a walk under the vivid and tranquil trees, a peaceful night out under the twilight sky, a wild party at a friend's house, or whatever it is. We all have that one precious memory that we've decided to cherish forever.

It's also the same for me...

"You're so nice, Honami~!"

I could never forget the time when I had truly felt happiness, not the kind of happiness that you feel by receiving a gift for your birthday or when someone compliments your hair. It's the kind of happiness that you're only able to experience rarely in your life. The comfort, peace, and warmth that flows through your veins when you're finally able to say, "I'm happy." will never be forgotten, not by you, not by your heart.

However...there's also that point in your life when you had wished that you never even existed in the first place. The time when the lights fade out and the walls surrounding you start to disappear into the shadows, leaving you in the empty void known as loneliness.

For me, I was both the happiest and the unhappiest person of that day, Who knew that the words "turning your whole world upside down." would hit this hard?

I couldn't move. I was in shackles. My heart was imprisoned in a cell without walls, free but at the same time, had no place to go to.

Darkness. Darkness, darkness, darkness...It wrapped my heart like a present that could never be undone, a pandora's box except that this one, you can't open.

Where do I go?

How do I free myself from the shackles that keep me bound?

These were the questions I repeated over and over again, countless times. But no matter how many times I asked and sent my screams into the heavens, I never really got a proper answer. So instead, I chose to run away.

And that's how I got here...

Kōdo Ikusei Kōtō Gakkō, the most prestigious high school plotted at the highest pedestal for any educational institution there is.

A school not bound by the past. A school that only gives you one choice, that is, to move forward. A place where the past is beyond the walls and what's beyond the walls have nothing to do with what's within.

That's right...This is how I'm going to escape the empty box that I've trapped myself in.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Tap...Tap...Tap...

Just a few months ago, I took the entrance exams of Kōdo Ikusei Kōtō Gakkō. I still can't believe how much time I put in studying just for a 3-hour test. But it was all worth it. Because as of this moment, I was walking along the hallways of the school I'll be staying until I graduate high school.

However...

"Uhhh...This is where my class should be."

As I opened the sliding door, the image of a normal classroom met my eyes. There were about 40 desks. Lockers were placed at the back of the classroom. These are probably used for books and learning materials of the sort because there were also lockers at the entrance of the school building. Those were the ones used for shoes.