My past

I have grown so much without you.
I used to be a girl surrounded with so much drama around myself.
Only when I started University did I realise I was away from the toxicity.
Man was it a relief.
I was always the girl by herself,
No one knew the battles I was fighting, I was always a closed up shell, always with a smile on my face hiding away my true raw emotions.
I was once a girl who cherished those around her, and everything still backlashed onto myself.
What I would do to have been a stronger individual then.
Oh I remember special moments, that are left as memories for myself. But truly I wish I could have hugged you goodbye. Our ending was abrupt and so sudden, time went by and life had a plan.
The plan that was to get to where I want to be, and soon I will climb there, hand in hand with the perfect person for me. For I had believed in a fairytale and that was what I wished for, and just like that God gave me someone to express every emotion too, every feeling, every smile too. For he saw I needed someone who was the perfect match, someone who would make me proud, someone who would give me butterflies, someone who made me into a grown woman, who loves all of me and is never letting go, no matter the circumstance.
To my past, you have made me humble, you have made me blessed to have experienced everything, but I'm thankful it's over because I have found where I belong, I have found my path to becoming who I want to be and with who, so all I say now is thank you.