Chapter FORTY

Alexandrea's P.O.V

"Danny" I breathed out in fear. He masked his smirk with a straight face.

"Madam, I'm afraid that's not on the menu" he said and Eli chuckled. I looked at Eli and forced a smile on my face. Everything is fine, he can't hurt you.

"I'd like to have Medittarenian Shrimp Kabobs, please" I said, avoiding his gaze with a forced smile.

"Okay, ma'am" he bowed and left but not before passing a secret sly wink. I almost threw up in my mouth.

"So what do you think of this place?" Eli asked, watching me. I smiled and glanced around. Honestly, I don't know what I thought. It seemed like people around me were giving me dirty looks because of my choice of dressing. Then I looked at Eli, he was smiling at me.

"I love it!" I said, just to keep that smile on his face. He gave me a proud wink and I blushed.

We talked about random things and I noticed that he avoided topics about his parents. He talked freely about his sister and told me some embarrassing moments of him and his sister. Then we started talking about him, Eddy and Nick. I leaned in to pay more attention.

"How did you guys meet?" I asked as I looked at him while leaning in the table.

He gave a thoughtful look "I met Eddy some weeks after I met Nick. We went to the same school and he goofed around a lot. We were in the same football team too and I can't really remember, I think he made a wrong move and our team lost so I just lost it and lashed out on him. We threw punches until we were both satisfied. Then some days after that, we both apologized and we started to get along, I guess." He shrugged.

"Hmm. Boys and their weird ways of making up" I said and shook my head as he laughed. "So what about Nick?" I asked and he bit his lower lip.

"Nick. Let's just say I met Nick at a very weak point in my life when I was about to give up. He helped me get through some really shitty things. You know, he is the strongest person and softest person I've ever met. Ever since we met, we just vibed" he shrugged and I snorted.

"He's not exactly the softest" I muttered as I played with the table cloth.

"He's just like that to people. You have no idea what he's going through for his sister and Granny. Even for us" he added the last part with a smile. A distant smile. I narrowed my eyes at him, wishing he would expand more on what he meant by 'going through'.

"Hm" I hummed in response, not really agreeing to what he said. "You said you met Nick at a weak point in your life? I don't understand" I asked looking at Eli with interest.

"Our food is here" he changed the subject, looking behind me. I bit my lower lip and looked down to my lap. I guess I went a bit too far there.

"Yeah" I said absentmindedly as another waiter brought our food. By another waiter, I meant someone that wasn't Danny. What if it wasn't Danny I saw? What if I was hallucinating? I should talk to Nick about this.

"Let's eat" Eli called my attention and smiled at me. I smiled back before picking up my cutlery and starting to eat my food. The food there was actually delicious. It had the right amount of spice and I would actually consider eating here some other time but not without a dress. The looks I got were enough to send me away.

We finished eating and stood up to leave the restaurant. The doorman opened the glass door for us and when I looked up to mutter a 'thank you', my eyes met Danny's ones. I almost choked on my saliva.

He leaned in a bit and whispered "Watch your back" then he leaned back and bowed with a smile. I hurriedly left the doorway and caught up with Eli who was waiting for me by his car.