Chapter 39

*Leah's POV:*

I stayed curled up in a bawl beneath the bed sheets, staring at the ceiling; thinking about the past almost year. Today's Christmas eve ... and I've got work, which neither me and Harry wanted but I'm off to get his present today which I'm really excited about.

"Are you coming, Babe, we've got work soon," Harry said, his head round the coner of the door frame.

"Yeah, can you come here for a sec," I smirked.

"Sure," He answered, looking confused, his eyebrows furrowed.
I reached out and tugged him forward by his shirt, hold is his face opposite to mine.
His eyes lingered over my lips and mine over his lush, mossy green eyes.

"Can you help me up please?" I grinned in mischief and he sighed.

"Lazy twat, get up yourself you tease,"
I hoisted myself up and looked at him smiling.

"Did you just call me a name?" I imitated him, with a stupid deep-ish voice.
Harry's face flushed red,

"Shut up," He muttered sheepishly. I shook my head and laughed. "Get up," He told me and walked out of the room.

+

Lesley walked in the break room and told us all to wait up there while she brought something up that would "benefit us all".
I sat by Harry, my hand intertwined with his, and my head resting on his shoulder as looked through the silly pictures he took of us both. Oak was on the other side of me, probably messaging Edward.

"Hiya everyone," She greeted walking in ... with someone stood beside her. "This is Levi, he'll be joining us today,"
Harry looked up from his phone and stared him in fury mixed with worry; holding my hand tighter than before.
Oak finally took their eyes away from their phone, had a quick glance then just turned back to whatever they were doing. Weird.

"Hi," Levi spoke softly, looking around at everyone and subtly stared at me for awhile, long than he did anyone else. Harry wasn't pleased. He sat up straighter, glanced at me and straight back at him, tugging at his lips with his fingers; a nervous habit of his I picked up on.

"Where's he gonna be working," Harry asked, sounding like he had an urge to know. His eyes didn't leave him and his eyebrows stayed furrowed.

"Shelves-" Lesley informed us, "Is that a problem, Harry,"
He paused and looked at her. His face relaxed.

"No," He replied, clearly lying.

"Harry?" I whispered, rubbing the back of his hand with my thumb.

"Mm," He replied, his eyes still latched to Levi and he glared, disgust written all over his face.

"Are you alright, Love," I asked, trying to make eyecontact with him. His eyes soon came to meet mine and his face softened once again.

"Yeah- yeah,"

"Don't lie, Haz, what's wrong,"

"Come outside a minute," He told me, pulling me outside. "Don't let that pervy div anywhere near you,"

"Wha- Do you know him or something," I stutterEd out, utterly confused.

"No but-"

"Then why should I be worried?"

"Did you see how he looked at you," He hissed in a low whisper.

"Harry, he just looked around the room... I have eyes too babe you don't have to-"

"I know baby, but please. For me, don't talk to him,"

I looked at him weirdly. He was being really suspicious and confusing but I nodded.