Chapter 58

*Leah's PoV:*

It's mine and Harry's anniversary today! If I'm completely honest I didn't think this day would come after what happened a while ago but I'm so happy it had.

It had been a few weeks and my nightmares continued. I was a state after each but Harry never failed to help me.

2:00 am

"Babe, you have to sleep," Harry spoke lowly after waking up, realising I was sat up in bed, fiddling with the duvet.

"If it's just going to give me nightmares there isn't a point in me sleeping," I fought back.

"Your health isn't a choice, Baby," He told me, putting his hand over mine. "You can't just not sleep,"

"Harry, I can't do it to myself again. I'm scared shitless every time and I really don't like it,"
My lip began to tremble and he sat himself up, turning his bedside lamp on.

"Ok, c'mere,"
He tucked his hand beneath my hair and threaded his fingers between it. Pulling me closer to him, he pulled the duvet over us both.
"I can't make you sleep but try for me, Baby,"

"Alright," I muttered, keeping as close as I could.

+

I did get a bit of sleep but it still wasn't nice. Thankfully, I was already in Harry's arms when I woke from the nightmare so I calmed down rather quickly.
The thing that the normally calmed me down was the sound of Harry's heartbeat when he hugged me. It's weirdly soothing.

"Did you get some sleep, Baby," Harry mumbled in his morning voice.

"Yeah," I replied. "Happy anniversary, Hazza,"
He grinned and kissed my forehead.

"Happy anniversary, Darlin'," He smiled a toothy smile, revealing his dimples and kissed my lips gently.
"I love you,"

"I love you too,"
I kissed him back and tangled my fingertips into the curls on his nape.

"I hate to say it but you're going to the doctors today,"
I groaned and rolled to the other side of the bed.
"Oi, dickhead," He laughed, pulling me back to him with ease, "it's for your own good, Babe. Not for me but you. I'm only looking out for what's best and these past few weeks have been torture for you. Get your ass ready so I can make an appointment,"

"Alright," I whined and stretched before pulling myself out of bed.

+

"I can't go in with you, Babe," Harry said, "you have to go on your own. I'll go get some shopping, message me when your done ok,"

I nodded and kissed him quickly before visiting the doctor.

"Hiya Leah, I'm Dr Williams and I'll be seeing you today," The lady smiled and glanced at Harry. I smiled at him and he nodded at me, grinning back before leaving.
"So what seems to be wrong?"

"Well, over the past couple of weeks I've been getting these horrific nightmares that wake me up during the night. I end up sweating and shaking; struggling to fall back to sleep,"
I informed the doctor as she typed away at her computer.

"Ok, I see. So if you don't mind signing these, we'll take you in for some tests and maybe a brain scan,"

"Oh.. ok,"
I got a little nervous when she said brain scan but I had faith in her, I trusted her. A professional sleep doctor that knows what she's doing.