Chapter 53

*Leah's PoV:*

"I'm back, Leah!" Louis shouted walking through the house. He'd just quickly gone to the shops.

"Can I talk to you a sec?" I asked, jogging down the stairs.

"Sure what's up?"

I took a deep breath before speaking and making my way over to the kitchen.
He took some shopping from the plastic backs then looked up at me.

"Is it Harry?" He sighed.
I furrowed my brows.

"Why did you ask like that? Lou, I just broke up with him and you offered to look after me-"

"No, no I didn't. What happened was-"
He started but I cut him off with a scoff.

"Don't you dare try to tell me what's happened. These past few weeks I've been through fucking hell and you've had only the slightest idea which yes has had a lot to do with Harry, so fuck off with that attitude Louis." I yelled, letting out my frustration.

"Leah I-"

"I'm not gonna lie the only reason you've actually decided to help me is that you just thought about yourself. You and your problems. The fact you broke up with Beth and need a fucking shag, so you took this as an opportunity. Well, guess what Louis..."
I broke off in almost tears and heavy breaths.
"You're an arsehole," I mumbled, trying not to cry.

"I saved you, Leah,"

"AGAIN, FOR YOUR FUCKING SELF, LOUIS! This was all part of your fucking plan but keep it in your pants dickhead!"
I charged away from the kitchen and stormed up the stairs, grabbing all the clothes I'd bought; with the rest of my belongings.

"Where are you gonna go?" Oakley asked.

"My parents. I've got no one else. I sold my apartment to l-live with H-harry," I stuttered through sobs and couldn't hold it in anymore.

I sobbed into my hands, letting go of every tapped emotion I had to keep to stay strong-minded. Which isn't right, I know.

"Just go, Leah. You can't stay here for much longer,"

Nodding and wiping mascara from my cheeks and stumbled down the stairs.

"Bye." I huffed and slammed the front door behind. "My parents it is. I should ring my mum,"
I pulled out my phone and ignored the almost hundreds of missed calls from Harry.

"Hiya Love,"

"Hi mum," I mumbled, "I'm urr- I'm coming to stay with you guys for a bit,"

"Oh? Is everything ok, Love? And Harry?"

"Well, not- no not really. I- broke up with him, fell out with Louis- I'll explain when I get there,"

"Wow urm... see you soon, Love,"

I shoved my phone back in my pocket after calling for a taxi and made my way over to my parents' house.

+

Walking through the front door, I saw my mum stood there with worry all over her face. She's always struggled with bad anxiety and I hate worrying her but I couldn't just turn up and lay it on thick.
As soon as I'd walked in, my mum wrapped her arms around me.
"I'm so sorry, Love," she mumbled to me.

"I had no choice mum,"

"Why? What happened?"

"Just.. put the kettle on and let me settle down and I'll tell you.

Both my mum and dad sat with me in the living room to hear what's happened.

"Well, you've probably heard that Oakley passed... and well they were murdered. I was there when it happened, it was horrific. They stabbed Ro- Harry's dad because of ... stuff and then he shot Oak. Anyway, Harry kinda sort of was behind their murder."

There were a few gasps from my mum when I was explaining.

"How do you mean? Harry murdered Oakley?" My dad blurted.

"Shh, and no. Not exactly. He- I don't really know," I stuttered, now actually explaining what I've done it's sort of hard to express. Not because I did the wrong thing ... it's because he did something stupid and it wasn't right. Right?

"Leah, do you even know what happened? Have you made a mistake?"

"Stop! Stop with the questions. Ugh, I need a lie down"
I walked away from my parents with my head swimming in a pool of regret because in truth I don't know if I had or hadn't made a big mistake.

I chose to leave the love of my life because he did the wrong thing. He is the reason ky best friend was killed.

"You're lucky Your brothers aren't here so I can rant to you now ... again. Mate, you really need to use your brain," Oakley spat as I sat on my childhood bed.

"I think I'm starting to realise that. Please go away,"

"I'm not fucking leaving until you actually realise what you've done to yourself. Or would you like me to explain? Well, you broke up with Harry over something petty-"

"How the fuck was him not telling me about his psychopath of a father petty?" I whispered loudly.

"Because he did it for your fucking safety, oh my lord!" The whispered back. "If he told you, you would've done a Leah and tried saving the day, therefore getting yourself fucking killed. Your lucky it was me."

"What's that supposed mean?"

The sighed. "Before I died, did I seem off to you? Yes? I wonder why," They hissed, sarcastically.

"Woah alright, no need to play that back in my head, I'm pretty aware why you felt like that,"

"There you go. Start using that goddamn brain of yours and you'll get into your head YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE LEFT HARRY!"

"Leah, is there someone up there?" My mum shouted.
I paused in shock and Oakley vanished.

"Urm, no sorry! The telly is a bit loud?"
I shouted back in a panic.
"See what you did,"

"Well... if you didn't-"

"Finish that sentence and I'll-"

"Do what? I'm dead dumb ass,"
I rolled my eyes and let them continue.
"If you didn't break up with Harry would you be here? No. He'd have you screaming over the kitchen counter.. now suck it up and go fucking apologise to him before he's a ghost himself,"

"Ok, what the fuck-"

They shrugged and looked at their nails.
"The truth, Love. And don't even try to convince me that doesn't sound good. Just imagine right, you started giving him potty mouth to tease him and he grabbed you by the throat then-"

I turned my Alexa on nearly full and began blasting music from it. They weren't wrong about the whole it being a nice thing but they really didn't have to elaborate. I've got my imagination for that.

*Harry's PoV:*

I picked up my phone and looked through my messages with Leah. Overall just wondering if calling her is a good idea.

I'd been struggling, a lot. To stay awake ... if you know what I mean. And there's no way I'm blaming that on her. If I wasn't stupid this wouldn't have happened so I've only myself to blame.

...

RING

RING

RING

RING

VOICEMAIL

"Shit," I mumbled, sipping on a beer.

"Please leave a voice message after the tone.."

Then it struck me. If I left her a voicemail she'd probably listen to it ... maybe. Maybe not. I didn't have much choice at this point. Wasn't like I could see where she was to apologise; she turned off her location. Fuck knows where she could be or who she's with.

"Hi, Leah..."