Chapter 19

*Harry's POV:*

I couldn't think straight. More anger coursed through my veins but for other reasons.

Before even acknowledging much else, I stared at Liam and that dirty mark across Leah's face. My eyebrows furrowed and my fists clenched, tightly. I wasn't just mad at the fact a knew he laid his hands on her, but just that he hit a girl. What kind of man do you call yourself if you hit a woman. Completely and utterly disrespectful.

Liam looked as though he wanted to say something, but was too unsure.

"Go on then. Say whatever it is you wanna say. Mate." Seeing him struggle to form words made me even more disgusted. He was just proving he'd hit her.

"You hit her. Didn't you?" I laughed at him, through frustration.

"Harry, you're misunderstanding mate-"

"Misunderstanding? Don't even try," My right hand lands on his shirt, gripping it tightly so I could pull him towards me.
His face was up close to mine and I glared at him,
"Why'd you do it?"

Liam struggled to speak,

"I- She..."

"She what? She did something so bad you decided to fucking hit her," My voice became lower because I didn't want anyone to really know what was going on.

Leah sat on the ground, quietly. I stare down to her, seeing her staring at the situation almost in tears made me want to let go of Liam and forget everything, just to make sure she's alright. However, seeing her in tears, made me just as angry. A slap mark across her face and her eyes pooling with water.
Liam did that, he made her look like that.

Thinking about it made me let loose.

I pushed Liam without thinking. It startled both him and Leah.

"You honestly thought,"
Unconsciouslly, I punch him. Straight in the jaw.
He wobbled a little from shock before grabbing his face.

"Should've thought about that before hitting a girl, Lad,"
Before I knew about it, Liam had pushed me into the closest wall and hit me over the head with a glass bottle that was near by.
I had to much adrenaline running through me to really feel anything so I ofcourse retaliated and kicked him straight in the fucking bollacks. I know how much it hurts so why not?

"Alright, alright. Stop!" Leah's croaky voice was painful to hear, as she pulled herself up and held her arms up between us.

"Yes, Liam. I did have sex with Harry,"
My eyes widen immediately. He knew.

Oops.

But still, that doesn't give him any right to hit her. Plus he barely knew her, frankly neither do I really but you know. They'd been on like two dates and he slapped her for sleeping with someone who wasn't him...Childish.

"And Harry," She continued but then paused when her eyes fell onto me and she gazed. Those beautiful green eyes. They first fall on my lips, subtly, before looking back into mine,
"Thanks..." she whispers lowly, and cheekily winks. Terribly hiding a smirk, I turn to Liam, making whatever smile poking through disappear. My eyebrows pull together and I mouth "get out" and nod my head towards the fire exit.

Liam clambers up and shuffles sheepishly towards the door, making me chuckle and roll my eyes.

That leaves us. Alone. Together. Awkward? Maybe...

*Leah's POV:*

I stare at him, softly. Soon, my lips curve into a smile but when they do I look to ground on cover my mouth. I hear a soft giggle coming from infront of me and then a tall presence come closer. After, a large hand raises my chin, making my eyes meet his once again. The hand moves to my cheek, gently grazing the still pulsating mark across my face. His thumb slides over it, making me wince slightly, evidently worrying him.

"Oh, I'm sorry..." He sort of whispers, and pulls his hand away.

"No...no, don't be sorry. You're not the one who gave me it," Clearly, Harry is angry about what Liam did and he clenched his jaw.

"Leah, I'm so sorry though. If I'd known-"

I felt as though I wasn't in control of my body anymore. I kissed him. Right there, I couldn't focus on anything else. Not the pain on my face, not the fact Oakley is probably watching this, not the fact I'm in work. I kissed him.
Nothing else mattered in this moment, other than our lips touching.

When I pull myself away from him, that signature smirk appears on his face and a light pink blush washes over his face. He didn't care though. He just laughed a gazed at me.

It looked like he wanted to speak but was interrupted.

"C'mon lovebirds...Work. Now, yeah?"

Knew it.

//A:N//

Sorry for the shorter chapter xx