10

Heather came walking down the upstairs hallway with fussing Azoni in her arms and Shantey's manager and friend Jasmine following behind toward the master bedroom

               Heather came walking down the upstairs hallway with fussing Azoni in her arms and Shantey's manager and friend Jasmine following behind toward the master bedroom. "She was sleeping when I checked on her earlier." She told Jasmine, knocking softly on the open door, "Shantey, Jasmine's here to see you sweetie. Are you awake?"

               Shantey laid up in bed, balled beneath the cover and staring at the wall. She made no movement but could overhear Heather. But she couldn't find the energy to part her lips and say anything.

               Jasmine stepped forward. "Hey, love. I've been calling you for two days about some job opportunities. A lot of people are wanting to work with you. You haven't got back to me."

               Again, she doesn't respond and Jasmine looked to Heather in concern. "How long has she been like this?"

               "Two days." Heather answered, gesturing for Jasmine to step over to chat at a distance. "I've been staying here for those days to help Tavon with the kids because she hasn't gotten up."

               "Have you called Amanda?" Jasmine asked. "She could tell us how to handle this. I'll cancel the things she has lined up for a later time."

               "Okay, thank you."

               Heather managed to get Azoni to calm down and called Amanda over. After a while, Amanda had arrived with her son, Kareem. He was asleep in her arms and she laid him on the couch to finish his rest. She found Heather in the kitchen tending to Azoni and Seona.

               "Manny!" Seona smiled wide, greeting her godmother.

               "Hey, cute stuffer." Amanda pressed a kiss on Seona's forehead. "Where is Ken-Ken?"

               "He's with Tavon," Heather replied. "Shantey's upstairs. She's not saying anything to anyone. Not even for the kids."

               "Kind of to be expected with what's going on with Romeo." Amanda said, "But where is Tavon with all of this?"

               "All I can say is he's sleeping in another room and they haven't spoke since Romeo left."

               Amanda accepted that and traveled upstairs to check on her best friend. She doesn't announce her presence. Instead she walked in, welcoming herself to sit on the bed in front of Shantey's body. She pulled the cover down to see her face more and Shantey doesn't budge.