27

Construction was happening around the second location of Booker's Seafood

               Construction was happening around the second location of Booker's Seafood. Tae stood near the entrance, watching the contractors work on different parts of the restaurant to quicken the process of it being done, wearing a comfortable attire, clutching a large Starbucks cup of coffee. Just as he tilted the cup to his lips, swallowing the hot coffee, his phone rings. Tae retrieved it out the pouch of his black hoodie and glanced the screen. With all of the noise around, he stepped out.

               Tae approached the tinted Chevrolet Suburban as he answered the incoming FaceTime. He overheard the sound of someone's singing before it stopped and the video connected. "Whassup, baby. Damn I got the best lookin' wife on the planet."

               "Natural faced and all." Shantey clicked her tongue, cockily.

               "Yes you are." Tae opened the back passenger door and sitting inside with the door open. He lubricated his bottom lip, attentively eyeing his wife on the screen. "I wish I was there to show you how sexy yo' ass is."

               "Listen, don't get me riled up, especially if you not here to take me to pound town."

               Tae snickered at his wife's expression. "Who was that singin' when you answered? You?"

               "No, it was actually Amanda's niece."

               Tae was confused as he placed the Starbucks cup in the cupholder. "Huh? I thought Amanda was the only kid?"

               "She has a brotha that was murdered years ago. Before then he was messing around with some girl that Amanda never knew about. She is twenty-two baby."

               "Twenty two?" Tae reiterated with the age taking him by surprise. "Then how Amanda find out?"

               "She found out yesterday because her mother called her out of nowhere. Not to apologize about what she's done to Amanda or how she left her high and dry. Instead, she called about us signing our first artist to DéXe Music, hence where her niece Che come in."

               "I mean, from what I heard her niece can sing. How sis feel bout it?"

               "I can tell she really feels hurt about her mother calling her after seven years of not hearing or seeing her. She didn't even ask about the grandson that she has on earth."

               "That could hurt anybody." Tae concurred. "But she don't need to let the issues wit her moms stop her from gettin' to kno' the only person on earth that share her brothas blood. That's him right there. She gotta get to kno' her. She ain't gotta go thru her moms. She's a grown woman."