23

The candy red Lamborghini peeled out of the driveway as Tae wandered through the front door of his huge compound sporting a yellow Supreme camouflage jacket with matching Supreme pants and a minimal chest bag on

               The candy red Lamborghini peeled out of the driveway as Tae wandered through the front door of his huge compound sporting a yellow Supreme camouflage jacket with matching Supreme pants and a minimal chest bag on. The Louie Vuitton duffle bag released from his right hand in the foyer as he exhaled wearily. Coming down the stairwell was Kendrick clutching his head in ball shorts.

               "Kenny-Ken." Tae addressed his son, meeting him at the bottom of the steps and pulled him in for a hug. "Yo' head still hurtin' pop?"

               "Yeah, a little." Kendrick responded nasally. "Shan took me to the doctor yesterday. They told me I have a sinus infection."

               "I knew it had to be som' thing. You had that headache a li'l too long." Tae responded as he made it to the kitchen where Kendrick was headed. "What they giving you to take?"

               "Antibiotics."

               Tae yawned with his fist in front of his mouth. "Whew, shit. I'm tired. Where everybody?"

               Kendrick helped himself to a Gatorade. "They outside feeding Shadow and Rocco."

               With that, Tae sweeps out the kitchen onto the patio. From there he could see his wife, Ameer, and Seona in the distance on the huge, manicured landscape surrounded by pawn trees. Rocco and Shadow were chasing Ameer and Seona playfully, as Tae crossed the lawn towards them.

               Seona was the first to notice him approaching. "Daddy!"

               Tae grinned as his princess sprinted towards him and Shadow followed suit. He picked her up, lifting her in the air as he covered kisses on her face. "Hi mama! You miss me?"

               "Yes!" Seona replied, hugging around his neck.

               With her tongue out and breathing heavily, Shadow sat in front of him, until Tae showed her attention and patted her head. "Somebody else missed me too. You still wanna play?"

               "Yes. I play wif 'Dow." Seona maneuvered out of his arms and raced off. "Come, 'Dow!"

               Tae chuckled inwardly as he approached his wife who looked in his direction with squinted eyes due to the brightness of the sun. Shantey donned a white, round-neck t-shirt with Saint Laurent logo printed on the chest, olive biker shorts, and black Steve Madden Marina sandals. A distressed denim bucket hat settled on top of her sleek low bun. The baby carrier was on her containing Azoni inside.