37

Scrolling on her laptop and staring at the finishing touches of DèXe Apparel that would soon release in two months when she listened to footsteps racing in her direction

               Scrolling on her laptop and staring at the finishing touches of DèXe Apparel that would soon release in two months when she listened to footsteps racing in her direction. Cru slides in his socks along the marble floor too fast, unable to stop himself, and he ran into the wall. A frown etched on Shantey's expression and she stares over her shoulder to the door as Cru laughed.

               "Cru!" She called.

               Cru laughed as he stood up, limping into his mother's room. "Yes?"

               "The hell are you doing?"

               "Nothing. Dad want to talk to you." He held out his phone to his mother. She took it into her hand as he started playing with Rocco.

               With her attention still on the laptop screen, she says, "What up East?"

               "Waddup." She could tell by his voice the conversation wouldn't be as cheerful as usual. "The boys com' tomorrow and I need you wit 'em."

               "Me wit 'em? Why?" Shantey questioned as she lifted up the phone to stare at his unreadable expression on his face. "Is there a reason?"

               "A huge one, and don't act like the headlines ain't been bout my son for almost a week now. So, yeah, I need you on that flight 'cause you and I gotta chop it up."

               The viral story of the world speculating that Ameer is actually Tae's child has still been trending on social media for nearly a week.

               Shantey chuckled. "I know you don't believe that mess."

               "Just be here tomorrow." And with that Dave hung up.

               "Here we fuckin go." Shantey mumbled, blowing out air and holding out the phone to Cru that played with the dog. "Benito, here."

               Cru paused playing with Rocco and took his phone. "Dad sound mad at you. What you do girl?"

               "Don't call me 'girl'. I'm yo mother." Shantey says as her son straddled her back and rested his chin on top of her freshly done braids. "Careful on my head. I just got these done."

               Cru pulled his head back, examining her blonde braids. "They nice...or whatever."

               Shantey snickered. "Getcha heavy, hating ass off my back."