13

It was five hours since Shantey was rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment

It was five hours since Shantey was rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment. Amanda eyes were red and puffy, pacing the waiting room with her hand pulled in her hair.

The elevator doors opened and Tae rushed off the elevator with Anissa, Sunni, and Sino behind him with worried expressions. Tae found Amanda pacing and rushed to her.

"Amanda," he called getting her attention immediately. "What happen? She okay? She alive?"

Everyone eyed Amanda for a response on her wellbeing. "She had a seizure—"

"How?" Anissa interrupted immediately. "How did she have a seizure? The pills?"

"No. It was coke, a mixture, I don't know."

"Where in the hell did she get coke from?" Sunni asked.

"How do you not know?" Anissa frowned. "Were you not there?"

"No. I wasn't there Anissa! I found her after! Stop trying to find someway to blame me."

"All right, all right, everybody just calm down." Sino spoke gently. "Getting mad each other isn't helping. Just tell us what happened Amanda."

"She was with someone we knew, he gave her drugs. I found her and she had a seizure in the backseat. She stopped breathing in the ambulance and they wouldn't let me ride. The doctor hasn't come out to talk to me in five hours and I'm doing everything in my power to keep myself together..." Amanda's voice quivered and Sino pulled her into an comforting embrace.

"Let's all just regroup," Sunni suggested. "If the doctors are in there that long they are doing everything possible. So, let's just sit down. All we can do is wait right now."

Everyone sat down and Sunni sighed heavily. "Have you called Monae?" She asked Amanda.

"Yeah," Amanda wiped her tears. "She's in Bali with her girl's and husband. She told me she's getting on the first flight to come back."

"Somebody need to come out and say something. I'm finna lose my shit." Tae stood up and started pacing back and forth. "Why the fuck would she do this shit? She got kids, a family."

"Her episodes are making her do things irrationally, Tavon." Amanda defended Shantey. "I'm not making excuses for her. But that's the reality of her situation. She's your wife, so it's the reality of your situation, too. She fucked up and relapsed. It happens. If you think this is the end of it and these episodes won't happen again, then you shouldn't have married her because they come and go. You have two people in yo life with this disorder. If you can't handle it, walk the hell away. I can take care of her like I been doing."