42

The way you walk, that's me

The way you talk, that's me

The way you got your hair up,
did you forget that's me...

Drake was the only voice engulfing the gray interior of the Mercedes Maybach. The hand of Amanda's gripped the fur covering steering wheel as she drove along the streets of California and make quick glances over at her best friend that focused on the view of passing cars, staring blankly. The oversize hood practically covered her whole face, her arms folded across her chest.

Understanding her best friend like the back of her hand, she knew the first place Shantey would have went to in her episode moment and flew right to Jersey to bring her best friend back home and had her meds with her.

Amanda reached out her arm, lowering the volume of Drake's voice. "Che and EARTHGANG finished the song. The movie producers love it. Whenever the movie comes out in a few months, it's gonna be the main song they promote. Which means, Che's career is about to grow because of you."

Shantey's silence was loud, fading the smile on Amanda's mouth.

Amanda sighed as she turned into the neighborhood Shantey resided. Pulling in front of the gate, the window raised down and she reached out and pressed the button. It buzzed, until the gate started to open and she eased her foot on the pedal down the long driveway. The Maybach was barely stopped when Shantey hopped out, resulting in her best friend to rush out and follow her inside.

Shantey was racing up the stairwell when Amanda entered. She sighed and closed the door just as approached her. "She's on her meds. Might stick herself in the bed."

"Was she wit 'em?" Tae asked, disregarding what he was told.

"These are really important–"

"I don't give a fuck," his cold tone pulled her green gaze to land on him. "Was she.. wit him?"

The silence from her was more than enough for him. There was his answer and all he needed. "You can gone ahead and keep those meds. She'll be over there real soon."

Amanda made a face. "You're gonna put her out while she going through an episode? How the hell will that help anything?"