14

Carrying a cupholder of Starbucks coffee, Tae walked into the hospital with Sino as he held his phone in the other hand on FaceTime with his older brother

Carrying a cupholder of Starbucks coffee, Tae walked into the hospital with Sino as he held his phone in the other hand on FaceTime with his older brother. It's been a full two days since Tae has been in his wife's hometown and dealing with her relapse. She remained in her coma and honestly he was growing even more concerned. He placed his trust into the doctor's that were watching her progress closely.

"How sis doin'?" Toby questioned for an update.

"Still in the coma." Tae said as he and Sino reached the elevator and Sino pressed the button. "Bout three doctors watching her close. One on her eyes, kidneys, and brain function. Dr. Anand known her since her past overdoses and he doing all he can."

"I hate you, sis and everybody affected goin' thru that. But everybody have they fuck ups, Books." Toby expressed as he walked onto the elevator with Sino, "So when she wake up, don't start wit attackin' her. Try to understand. I kno' you ain't ever been no addict before, nor have a mental disorder, but it's ways you handle it. The blame game not finna work. It's bad enough she gotta wake up to the fact her son's Pops not bringin 'em back after this break over."

Tae let out a stressful sigh. "Na you right, man. But on the business side, you heard from Nico?" he asked, referring to his manager and uncle. "He 'posed to be keepin' me updated bout the Booker's Seafood construction up in Oakland and I ain't heard shit since our photoshoot for Vibe."

"Na' I ain't heard bout nothin' either." Toby responded, as Tae and Sino walked off the elevator on the ICU floor. "But I can hit 'em up and see what up. You kno' fuck up Nico if he on bullshit."

"Wit the shit that's I'm dealin' wit right now, I'll do that shit myself." Tae said as he noticed the nurse chatting with a persistent woman. "But don't do too much tho. I want you to put all yo' energy into this wedding. You got two months."

"I kno' how to multitask."

Tae chuckled at his brother as he overheard what the nurse told the woman. "I'm sorry, ma'am, but I cannot allow you in her room. Friend or not. Everyone has to go through her husband. And her husband's not—Well there he is." the nurse noticed Tae approaching.

"Hold on, Toby." Tae said as creases formed in his forehead as he eyed the woman with bronze skin and short wavy hair. "Can you take this to the ladies?" he asked Sino, handing off the cupholder.

Sino left them alone continuing around the corner to the room Shantey was located. It was something about the woman that made Tae feel iffy.