Fifty-Six

"Professor, I-" Harry tries as they make their way towards Lupin's office. "I don't want to hear explanations." Remus pauses to look around the entrance hall, making sure it was empty before turning to look back at them. "I happen to know that this map was confiscated by Mr. Filch many years ago." Remus notices Ron and Harry's expressions. "Yes, I know it's a map" Remus clarifies.

He turns to look at Juniper. "I don't want to know how it fell into your possession. I am, however, astounded that you didn't hand it in. Particularly after what happened the last time a student left information about the castle lying around. And I can't let you have it back, Juniper." Juniper frowns but nods. "Why did Snape think she'd got it from the manufacturers?" Harry brings up curiously.

"Because....because these mapmakers would have wanted to lure you out of school. They'd think it extremely entertaining." Remus says vaguely. Juniper smiles knowingly at Remus, though he seemed a little ashamed. "Do you know them?" Harry asks. "We've met" He answers shortly and Harry and Ron smile. He turns to look between Harry and Juniper.

"Don't expect me to cover up for you again, Harry, June. I cannot make you take Sirius Black seriously" Juniper snickers. "I think it's pretty hard not to take Sirius 'Siriusly'" Harry and Ron snort in amusement and Remus rolls his eyes, fighting a smile as well. "I'm being serious, Juniper. I would have thought that what you have heard when the Dementors draw near you would have had more of an effect on you. Your parents gave their lives to keep you alive, Harry. A poor way to repay them, gambling their sacrifice for a bag of magic tricks" And with that, Remus walks away.

Juniper sends him an apologetic look before quickly following after Remus, a guilty feeling in her chest. "I'm sorry, Remmy. It was pretty stupid. I shouldn't have let Harry go. Don't blame him, it was my fault" Juniper explains guiltily as she follows him into his office. He shuts the door, motioning for her to take a seat. "Tea?" He offers. She takes a seat as he starts to brew some tea, sitting across from her. "You know what I like about you?" He suddenly brings up.

"A lot of things I hope" Juniper thinks it over worriedly. "The fact that you're willing to say or do anything as long as it protects your friends" He explains. "I don't know what you're talking about. I just let one of my friends go out when I knew it put him in danger" "You both went willingly. It's both of your faults" Remus points out. Juniper sighs but doesn't say anything. "Yet, here you are, trying to take the full blame" He adds.

"Because, I was the one with the map" Juniper shrugs. "Okay. Why did you decide to take Harry?" Remus asks curiously. Juniper looks down at her feet, shrugging. "I-I just feel bad for him. He's been through a lot lately and he really wanted to go." Juniper shrugs simply and Remus smiles. "You know what that tells me?" "Hmm?" "You're a good person. It didn't matter if it was stupid, you did it for his happiness. A lot of people do stupid things just to see someone smile" Remus explains.

"Like you?" Juniper brings up and Remus raises an eyebrow. "Snape had told us a story about Harry's father and his friends bullying Snape." "I have done some stupid things when I was younger. Like, trusting friends who I shouldn't have" "Sirius?" Remus doesn't answer for a little bit. "You remind me of him, y'know?" "If someone else is comparing me to my father..." Juniper grumbles. "No, Sirius" "Are you implying I'm gonna grow up to betray my friends and murder people? That is low, Remmy" Juniper says incredulously. Remus rolls his eyes.

"When he was younger, Sirius liked to play tricks as well. I know about your multiple pranks around the castle with the Weasley twins" "Did you hear about the recent one on Filch?" Juniper smirks, leaning forward and Remus chuckles. "I'm sure everyone in the castle heard his screams throughout the corridor" "Good times" Juniper sighs wistfully. "Sirius also cared about his friends. Him and James Potter were close. You and Harry remind me of them" Remus admits.