Nine

Draco could not stop talking about that Dragon all week and it was getting on Juniper's last nerve. Why couldn't he just leave them alone? And even the next week after that, he was still talking about it. She was a little curious but it wasn't any of her business. One day during the week, Malfoy had run over to the three as they sat in the library.

He had a book in his hand that read Weasley on it and he was booming in excitement. "Listen to this!" He says, slamming the book down on the table. He pulls out a letter from the book with a smile.

" 'Dear Ron,

How are you? Thanks for the letter- I'd be glad to take the Norwegian Ridgeback, but it won't be easy getting him here. I think the best thing will be to send him over with some friends of mine who are coming to visit me next week. Trouble is, they mustn't be seen carrying an illegal dragon. Could you get the Ridgeback up the tallest tower at midnight on Saturday? They can meet you there and take him away while it's still dark. Send me an answer as soon as possible,

Love,

Charlie' "

Draco reads the letter to the three. "And where did you get that?" Juniper asks him suspiciously. "From Weasley obviously. The little weasel left it in his book when he handed it to me. We have to check this out" Draco says. "No, Draco. We don't" Juniper snaps.

"Why do you care so much, Juniper? It's not like they like you. Just have some fun." He points out making Juniper frown at him. "It's not right. They're obviously getting the dragon taken care of. Why can't you just leave them alone?" Juniper asks him. "Because it's Potter" Draco shrugs and Juniper just rolls her eyes at him.

*****

    Someone shakes Juniper awake and she slowly blinks her eyes open. Stood beside her bed was Draco. She jumps in shock but he grabs her arm before she can roll off the bed. "Shhhh" He shushes her. "Draco, what are you doing here?" she asks him confused and shocked he even managed to get in the girls dorms let alone the Gryffindor common room.

"Come on." He whispers urgently. "Come on, what?" She asks. "Get dressed" He tells her. "No, not until you tell me what we're doing" She demands, sitting up. "It's almost midnight. We could catch Potter in the act" He says mischievously. "I told you I'm not helping you with that. Plus, you should really be quiet. His best friend is sleeping right over there" She informs him, motioning to the empty bed. "No one's there" He tells her.

"I'm still not helping. Just get Lucas or Summer to do it" Juniper grumbles, rolling over to face away from him. "June, come on, please? For me?" Draco begs, shaking her again. "Fine. But I swear Draco, if we get caught, you are getting it." She warns him, standing up.

Once Juniper is dressed, the pair sneaks out of the common room while Juniper mumbles to herself about how stupid this was. They start making their way up the tallest tower. "Where are they?" Draco asks. "Miss Rosewood and Mr. Malfoy! Unbelievable!" They hear a familiar voice say.

They both turn around with wide eyes and see McGonagall stood there in her dressing gowns and a hairnet. She had a lamp in her hand and she was furious. She hands the lamp to Juniper before grabbing the two by the ear. She starts leading them down the stairs. "Detention! And twenty points from Slytherin and Gryffindor! Wandering around in the middle of the night, how dare you-" She seethes.

"Professor McGonagall, Draco dragged me out of bed. It was his idea I swear." Juniper tries to tell her. "You don't understand, Professor, Harry Potter's coming- he's got a dragon!" Draco tries explaining as Juniper rolls her eyes. "What utter rubbish! How dare you tell such lies! Come on- I shall see Professor Snape about you, Malfoy! And you will talk to me, Rosewood" She says, dragging the two away.

They didn't know that Harry and Hermione were under an invisibility cloak, watching the three while holding the dragon. McGonagall leads them to Professor Snape and Draco stays with him. McGonagall starts leading Juniper to her room when they run into someone. It was Neville. "Mr. Longbottom! What do you think you are doing out of bed?" She asks in disbelief.

"I was trying to stop Malfoy" He tells her but she just grabs him, dragging him along with Juniper to her room. At one point they had run into Filch who was telling McGonagall all about finding Harry and Hermione in the astronomy tower. Now McGonagall was livid. They finally make it to the room and the three walk in and see Harry and Hermione sat in the chairs nervously.

"Harry! I was trying to find you to warn you, I heard Malfoy saying he was going to catch you, he said you had a drag-" He stops as Harry shakes his head at him to get him to stop talking. Juniper crosses her arms, refusing to look at anyone. They probably hated her more now. It wasn't even her fault. Draco forced her to come with him and now they were in trouble. She shouldn't have done it.

"I would have never believed it of any of you. Mr. Filch says you were up the astronomy tower. It's one o'clock in the morning. Explain yourselves." McGonagall growls. No one answers her though. Harry was staring at Juniper, wondering why she was helping Draco, Hermione was staring down at her slippers, Neville was looking between all three of them and Juniper was just staring at the wall.

"I think I've got a good idea of what's been going on. It doesn't take a genius to work it out. You fed Draco Malfoy some cock-and-bull story about a dragon, trying to get him out of bed and into trouble. He convinced Miss Rosewood to go with him which she stupidly agreed to doing. I've already caught the two of them. I suppose you think it's funny that Longbottom here heard the story and believed it, too?" McGonagall asks.

Neville looks between the two with a stunned and hurt expression as Juniper looks down at her feet. That's not what happened at all but as long as most of the blame was on the other two then she was alright with it. "I'm disgusted. Five students out of bed in one night! I've never heard of such a thing before! You, Miss Granger, I thought you had more sense. As for you, Mr. Potter, I thought Gryffindor meant more to you than this. And Miss Rosewood, you should have known better than to believe such a rubbish story. I thought Rosewoods were supposed to be intelligent" She snaps, making Juniper wince. That was a hard blow.

"All four of you will receive detentions- yes, you too, Mr. Longbottom, nothing gives you the right to walk around school at night, especially these days, it's very dangerous- and fifty points will be taken from Gryffindor." She adds. "Fifty??" Harry gasps. "Fifty points each." She nods and Juniper's jaw drops. "I thought you told me twenty" Juniper points out. "That's right. Then fifty points from you three and twenty from her" McGonagall corrects herself. Juniper nods, feeling slightly relieved she didn't make her house lose fifty.

"Professor-please-" Hermione tries. "You can't-" Harry starts to say. "Don't tell me what I can and can't do, Potter. Now get back to bed, all of you. I've never been more ashamed of Gryffindor students" McGonagall tells them. They all walk out, Harry and Hermione purposely bumping into Juniper's shoulder as they walk by her. 'Great' Juniper thought. 'Now they do hate me'.

Poor Juniper. Trying to stay on the Golden Trio's good side but Draco ruined her chances. What do you guys think of the story so far? I know I have shorter chapters in this book but it's much harder to write long chapters for movies/books, you know? Please comment and vote if you like it. Thanks!