Thirty-Seven

Everyone had grown to liking Professor Lupin's class after the first one. They were learning about all types of things in that class. Even if Draco couldn't stop bashing her Godfather, she was proud of Lupin. Her and Draco still hadn't made up yet so she's been avoiding him as much as possible with the help of Summer and Lucas.

As for Divination, Juniper thought the class was boring. To Summer, it was incredibly annoying. Especially with Trelawney on the brink of tears every time she looked at Harry or Summer. Care of Magical Creatures class had turned boring as well, Hagrid not as into it as he was before ever since the accident their first class.

Juniper didn't think it was boring though, even if they were just learning how to take care of flobberworms who did absolutely nothing. In fact, she's been going to Hagrid's hut a lot recently to help Hagrid out with the animals, including Buckbeak who gets excited every time he sees her approaching. Hagrid has apologized profusely to Juniper but she continues to wave him off, telling him it was Draco's fault and that Draco should have listened to instructions.

The book Hermione had gotten her for Christmas has also been helping immensely. She's been carrying it around a lot, every time she heads down to the hut or she's in her Magical Creatures class. Every time Hermione catches her with it (Every class) the girl beams at her, which is definitely another reason she carries it around everywhere.

One evening, as she's headed towards Hagrid's hut, she pauses as she notices a blonde girl sat on the ground, reading a book. Juniper looks around the deserted area before approaching the girl. "Uh, hello?" Juniper greets, unsurely. The girl glances up before looking back down at her book.

"Hi" She greets simply, in an almost airy voice. "Whatcha doing?" Juniper rocks on her feet. "Reading" The girl says simply. "Right, of course. Obviously" Juniper nods awkwardly. She tries to wrack her brain, trying to figure out where she knew this girl from. "Olivia" the girl answers shortly, shocking Juniper from her thoughts.

"Oh, uh, no, my name is-" "Mine is Olivia" She clarifies. "That's right! Olivia. You're one of the Lovegood twins Sum was telling me about" Juniper nods in recognition. "Yeah, my sister talks to her sometimes." Olivia nods. "I'm Jun-" "I know who you are. You're the one who got in your parents least favorite house. The Rosewood's. Rumor has it, they were supporters of the dark lord back then" 'And still are' Juniper thinks to herself with a frown as Olivia glances up momentarily.

"Yeah, well, my parents and I have different beliefs" Juniper mutters. "Is that why you hang out with not only Draco Malfoy but Hermione Ganger?" Olivia brings up and Juniper nods. She takes a seat beside her. "I know, everyone always assumes Draco is a bad person" Juniper starts off. "Assumes?" Olivia asks.

"His attitude doesn't help" Juniper sighs. "And he also has a thing against Muggle-born" She adds as Olivia just hums. "But, everyone I hang out with is important to me someway or another. Draco, I've known him since I was little. He was best friends with Lucas so he'd be over all the time. This was of course before we actually started hanging out. He was like another big brother to me."

"He'd tease me and stuff but when it came down to it, I knew he'd always be by my side. Everyone always sees these moments when he's just a jerk, calling everyone names and even to me. But then, when it's just me and the other two, he's sweet and caring. Like he'd do anything to protect all of us. And then there's Hermione" Juniper shakes her head with a smile.

"Everyone sees her as the annoying know-it-all but she's also brave and loyal. I remember she used to hate me and I'm not gonna lie, I used to find her annoying too, but now, I can't find anything wrong with her. I don't understand why anyone would hate her. She's just a curious girl, trying to make her way through the wizarding world and prove to everyone that just because she's a Muggle-born, she deserves to be here like the rest of us."