Fifty-Four

Last night, Ron had apparently seen Sirius Black with a knife in the boys dormitory. Everyone had woken up from a terrible scream, McGonagall even appearing in anger, telling them all to go to bed. But at Ron's adamant tone, she asked Sir Cadogan about it and he confirmed that Sirius Black had entered the common room, having all the passwords for the week which had been on a piece of paper Neville lost.

The rest of the night, none of the Gryffindors could sleep, too scared about the fact a mass-murderer had been in the tower. They waited and waited to hear news about if he was still there and eventually, McGonagall came back at dawn to inform them he escaped. With that, extra precaution was now being taken. Like, Sir Cadogan being fired and put back to where he originally was, the Fat Lady coming back, this time with extra protection such as trolls.

Flitwick was teaching the front doors Sirius Black's appearance and Filch was covering up every hole he could find in every inch of the castle. The only thing not being guarded was the one-eyed witch statue, which was where Harry and Juniper had ventured through to get to Hogsmeade. "D'you reckon we should tell someone?" Harry brings up one time when Juniper walks with Ron and Harry. He nods towards the statue as they pass.

"We know he's not coming in through Honeyduke's. We'd've heard if the shop had been broken into." Ron waves it off. Juniper wasn't so sure. If it had been so easy for the two of them to sneak in and out of the shop and through the entrance, what was stopping Sirius Black, the one who helped make the map? Juniper just couldn't believe it. Summer and Lucas thought she should turn it in. Harry, though, he wasn't over Hogsmeade. So, for now, Juniper kept it, even though she knew she should turn it in.

Ron had been quite enjoying all the attention he was getting thanks to what happened. Now, everyone was interested in asking Ron what happened, which of course, he was taking advantage of. Of course, poor Neville, the clumsy boy who was totally innocent and never means to do any harm, was in totally disgrace. Professor McGonagall was livid with him, having given him detention, banned him from all future Hogsmeade trips and was forbidden to know the password into the common room.

He had to wait outside every night just to wait for someone to let him. Juniper took pity on him. She knew what it felt like. To be disgraced. So, she waited for Neville outside the common room, after his detentions to let him in, having conversations with the Fat Lady, because, like in the beginning of the year, the Fat Lady had taken a liking to Juniper for complimenting her singing, which meant, not needing a password. Maybe she was a little popular, but she would never admit that to Summer.

One morning at breakfast, Neville had received a howler causing him to choke on his food. Juniper, Ron and Harry had noticed it, their eyes widening at the sight of the red envelope. "Run for it, Neville" Ron quickly advises and Juniper nods in agreement. Neville quickly takes the letter, sprinting as fast as he could while the whole Slytherin table laughed hysterically at the sight, the words of Neville's grandmother roaring at him echoing into the hall.

Juniper frowns while Snowy appears with a letter for her. She feeds him a little bit of her breakfast before taking a look at it and noticing Ron and Harry seemed to have one as well. She opens it up, looking it over curiously.

Dear, Harry, Ron, and Juniper,

How about having tea with me this afternoon 'round six? I'll come collect you from the castle. WAIT FOR ME IN THE ENTRANCE HALL; YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED OUT ON YOUR OWN.

Cheers,

Hagrid

"He probably wants to hear all about Black!" Ron exclaims as he finishes reading his. "Maybe" Juniper nods. That evening, the three head down to the entrance hall where Hagrid was already waiting for them. "All right, Hagrid! S'pose you want to hear about Saturday night, do you?" Ron wonders as Hagrid leads them outside.